U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:14 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,035,417 times

Advertisements

Does Syringa have good coverage in Shelley area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 10:59 AM

210 posts, read 880,727 times
Looks fine though I don't have an personal experience with it.

http://www.syringawireless.com/coverage/index.php (broken link)

Old 07-01-2008, 09:30 AM

8,440 posts, read 11,941,167 times
Question How Are the New ISPs Doing?

Has anyone tried the new carrier who recently entered the market? Just wondered what everyone thought. I'm blitzing on the name and I don't want to write the wrong one here.

Twinprism, sorry to have missed your question so far back. Had some major life obstacles arise and they consumed my time so I couldn't post here. I hope you have new info about Syringa and Cleartalk. I haven't even heard of Cleartalk. Please let me know if you still have questions about Cricket. I don't really know if Cricket plans to be in all markets, or only those with a certain population.

T-Mobile really does have it all figured out. It just depends on how much someone wants to spend.

I'm also curious to know if anyone here uses any of the Apple iPhones? If so, who is the carrier, how is reception etc.

Happy Talking!

MSR

Old 07-03-2008, 09:20 AM

72 posts, read 249,781 times
No roaming?

I'm currently a Verizon customer with nationwide roaming (and for me, that's a must as I travel quite a bit).

I'm also moving to Idaho Falls in a few months.

Would it be better for me to just keep my Verizon phone?

And please pardon my denseness, but are some of y'all saying that the reception itself is not good?

Thanks,
Sharon-Maire

Old 07-03-2008, 09:22 AM

Oh, btw, my post above was in response to Cleosmom's post made on 3/25/08.

I didn't realize that there were 2 additional pages of posts after that.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:31 PM

210 posts, read 880,727 times
I think you'll find that Verizon coverage works just fine in Idaho Falls along the major towns and highways. Not much reason to change unless you are not happy with it.

Idaho has the most wilderness land of any of the lower 48, I think, so we do have quite a few areas without cell service (or even roads) so by definition these areas are off the beaten track. Idaho, Montana Alaska, Wyoming, Nevada and the Dakotas are quite often listed with a asterisk on cell providers coverage claims. Look at any providers coverage maps and you'll see what I mean.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:51 PM

Oh that's interesting; I didn't realize that.

My cell phone service actually started in Jackson, WY (and I've kept the same number and service provider after I moved).

Thanks for your response, TwinPrism.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:56 AM

28 posts, read 82,378 times
Whatever you get, I would not get T-Mobile for the Idaho Falls area. The coverage is quite spotty.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:50 AM

8,440 posts, read 11,941,167 times
Question Phone, Geography, Provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobiusaz View Post
Whatever you get, I would not get T-Mobile for the Idaho Falls area. The coverage is quite spotty.
That is interesting mobiusaz, as I use T Mobile both for Cell and wireless Internet. Honestly, I had a very difficult time getting wireless Internet service in the Pocatello -Blackfoot area, but never Idaho Falls.

My service has only improved with the extra towers. Poky is easy now to get wireless laptop access.

I'm wondering if either/both have anything to do with reception: 1. Make and model of the phone/laptop, 2. Proximity to Mtns.

I can go to major metros and be fine until I get next to a mountain. To clarify I mean inside the building built essentially into the mountain on one side. Everyone in that building all walk to the opposite side when needing to make a call, as it is open to the valley.

Since my cell is a BlackBerry, I have noticed in the bldg. mentioned above, I can't get email messages unless I walk to the non-mountain side of the building. I know other BlackBerry customers, with different carriers, who experience the same.

I'm wondering what others think about the Mtn. factor, or cell phone model factor pertaining to lack of reception?

MSR

P.S. T Mobile has maps of their signal strength. Probably all carriers do, but since I use T Mobile, I only look at theirs. You might want to check out how green different areas are.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,082 times
Thanks for sharing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls