Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 06:00 PM

385 posts, read 526,421 times

Advertisements

I blame all these darned new jobs and low employment rate! If we were in the 6-7% unemployment rate, nobody would want to move here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 06:27 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
They (Californians) vote democratic and ruin their state (with high taxes, influx of foreigners, crime, etc.) Then they flee the mess they created only to try to recreate the same thing in the new place. Repeat and rinse until they run out of places to run to.

Same here on the east coast with NY’ers.
Your concept is a popular one, and you may be right in some instances. However, you are not building in one stat, that being that many newcomers from WA or CA may indeed vote republican. Sometimes generalizations can be misleading.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:39 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,363,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
They (Californians) vote democratic and ruin their state (with high taxes, influx of foreigners, crime, etc.) Then they flee the mess they created only to try to recreate the same thing in the new place. Repeat and rinse until they run out of places to run to.

Same here on the east coast with NY’ers.
There are native Idahoan's who vote Democratic too, but remember being Democrat in Idaho is probably different than being Dem in Los Angeles.

I welcome new voters to the state, we need more diversity in our legislature. You only need to read the news about the s***show that went on in the statehouse the past few months to realize that too many Cousin Bob's from the good ole' boy network and who need to retire are making crazy laws that impact us all.

Idaho generally has a low voter turnout, and no offense but the older generations are the ones who vote the most. We need the younger citizens of this fine state to get out and vote and make a difference. A few years ago Boise had one of the largest Democratic Caucuses in the nations history. That fire needs to remain lit, especially for the Governor race currently going on.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:51 PM

434 posts, read 417,031 times
It's a good thing that wages are coming up. So I can better afford it

Old 03-22-2018, 02:24 PM

894 posts, read 2,202,021 times
All these responses are making my stomach turn. I thought I was about to get away from it.

Has crime gone up substantially with the Californication?

Old 03-23-2018, 10:17 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,926,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDesertRat86 View Post
All these responses are making my stomach turn. I thought I was about to get away from it.

Has crime gone up substantially with the Californication?
No but homelessness has due to higher housing costs

Old 03-23-2018, 10:22 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,926,301 times
Can you guys blame Californians: sky high housing and food costs, too much traffic, too much taxes and regulations and overall lower quality of life due to so many people moved to Cali from the Midwest and East Coast, also the South back in the 60's and 70's? It went from nice, friendly and easygoing state to rat race like NY. Now, they all want to leave in droves, especially starting late this spring.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:48 PM

208 posts, read 318,229 times
Quote:
This isn't good to hear! We are trying to move to the ID area from Arizona to get away from the hoards of Californians who are flooding into Northern Arizona! They're like a plague. Destroying the small town, safe atmosphere, and driving the cost of everything sky high.
Yep, they are like a plague, spreading! They keep driving up our home values though...so we are giving it 3 more years...by then there will be enough of them here to ruin it - we figure sell high, move out of Idaho Falls, and downsize then.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:53 PM

560 posts, read 437,097 times
Quote:
This isn't good to hear! We are trying to move to the ID area from Arizona to get away from the hoards of Californians who are flooding into Northern Arizona! They're like a plague. Destroying the small town, safe atmosphere, and driving the cost of everything sky high.
This is exactly one of the reasons why we want to leave Texas. Now with Toyota moving its HQ in our area we've already seen an impact. The only good news is our house value has doubled in 6 years. Score!

Old 03-31-2018, 06:36 PM

168 posts, read 174,266 times
Wow. A lot of hate in this thread. We don't need any more of that here in Idaho Falls, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls