U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2018, 12:37 PM

382 posts, read 407,202 times

Advertisements

I figured with as many projects going on it might be nice to put out a public service thread. Here's a detailed list of all the road construction happenings around town, feel free to add to it.

Lincoln Road between Hitt Rd and Ammon Rd: This project has been described to me as the worst road widening project in the area.

Anderson St between Holmes and Hwy 26: Major bottleneck to avoid especially during rush hour traffic.

Northgate Mile: Water line replacement, one lane southbound.

Crowley Rd and 1st: New roundabout

17th St between Holmes and Woodruff: Three month project to Mill and repave as well as replacement of curb and gutter.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2018, 02:34 PM

4,755 posts, read 16,566,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
I figured with as many projects going on it might be nice to put out a public service thread. Here's a detailed list of all the road construction happenings around town, feel free to add to it.

Crowley Rd and 1st: New roundabout

17th St between Holmes and Woodruff: Three month project to Mill and repave as well as replacement of curb and gutter.
That said and where I live and work, I should probably stay home???

Old 07-17-2018, 10:54 AM

Need to add 25th Street on the East end and most of if not the entire stretch of Boulevard south to Sunnyside.

The 25th Street project is to mill and repave and the Boulevard project is to build a roundabout, install pedestrian signals among other items.

Hopefully all these projects get wrapped up before the first big freeze!

Old 07-17-2018, 07:49 PM

25,719 posts, read 17,157,331 times
Quote:
Need to add 25th Street on the East end and most of if not the entire stretch of Boulevard south to Sunnyside.

The 25th Street project is to mill and repave and the Boulevard project is to build a roundabout, install pedestrian signals among other items.

Hopefully all these projects get wrapped up before the first big freeze!
Yup. The Boulevard-Elm St.-Corner Ave. intersection is a real mess, so I avoided it last Monday by going west on Ash St. and cut back onto Elm about a block westward. The construction is pretty concentrated to just the intersection, and most of the equipment is parked on Boulevard, so circling around it is pretty easy.

That intersection has always been pedestrian-dangerous, and almost as dangerous in a car, so I'm hoping the roundabout they're planning will help both when it's done.

Old 07-18-2018, 05:46 AM

92 posts, read 61,115 times
They will also be chip sealing Boulevard and re-striping similar to Holmes with one lane each direction and a turn lane down the middle.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1834 View Post
They will also be chip sealing Boulevard and re-striping similar to Holmes with one lane each direction and a turn lane down the middle.
Oh yes, I forgot! I'm actually a big fan of the way Holmes turned out and think Boulevard will be safer and more effective that way.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Oh yes, I forgot! I'm actually a big fan of the way Holmes turned out and think Boulevard will be safer and more effective that way.
I am as well. Boulevard should have never been made four lanes with parking. with the reduced lanes and the curb bump outs where the pedestrian crossing signs are going, I think Boulevard will be a lot better place to drive and walk.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:00 AM

4,755 posts, read 16,566,288 times
As previously thought, there is no roundabout at 45th & 1st Street. I'm wondering if they're waiting to do that next year when I believe widening 1st St comes into play?

Old 07-18-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
As previously thought, there is no roundabout at 45th & 1st Street. I'm wondering if they're waiting to do that next year when I believe widening 1st St comes into play?
Phase 1 (current project) is 25th to Ammon, Phase 2 is Ammon to 45th but hasn't even gone to bid. Last I knew it would be 2-3 years before Phase 2 goes out for bid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
View detailed profiles of: