Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 03:57 PM

39 posts, read 34,540 times

Advertisements

There is a certain class of people that leaves their trash can out on the street, 7 days a week, so that they never have to roll it back in, after the trash guys are done.

They actually walk out to the street when they need to throw a bag of trash out into their bin.

My mailbox is right there as well, so the mailman has to, most of the time, get out of his truck, to deliver my mail. The trash bin blocks his ease of simply driving up to my box and reaching out his window. Sadly, he has to stop his truck and get out.

I'm in twin falls. Is there any way to get the neighbor fined for stuff like that ?

( I'm actually going through all of my past postal USPS "informed delivery" emails, to see who snail mails me stuff, so that I can start trying to convert those paper deliveries into email deliveries, so that eventually I don't need to be concerned with even caring about receiving my mail at all. )

Last edited by volosong; 01-14-2023 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: no profanity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2023, 08:06 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsmusicpizza View Post
Is there any way to get the neighbor fined for stuff like that ?
Fines might come later. First step is to contact your city's Code Enforcement Officer. Lacking one, contact the Public Works Department. You might take a look at the city code. Could be argued as a safety hazard.

Or, go to a city council meeting and during the public comment period, present your situation. Those in attendance will direct you to the proper personal to take care of this.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 01-15-2023, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Fines might come later. First step is to contact your city's Code Enforcement Officer. Lacking one, contact the Public Works Department. You might take a look at the city code. Could be argued as a safety hazard.

Or, go to a city council meeting and during the public comment period, present your situation. Those in attendance will direct you to the proper personal to take care of this.
Thank you

Old 01-15-2023, 04:09 PM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
I don't think hobos have trash cans, do they?

Old 01-15-2023, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I listen to a podcast called The Snow Plow show and he sort of extends the meaning of the word. He does phone call pranks, sometimes as a fake hoa president, calling people hobos for not taking care of this or that.

You're right though. Before finding out about TSPS, if you said the word hobo, I'd picture someone walking along the road with a big stick and all of his clothes tied up into a ball at the end of it.

( don't listen to the show, though, if you're sensitive about language )

Old 01-15-2023, 05:44 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
Hobo is generally an accepted term for homelessness. Leaving garbage out is not the definition of a hobo. So I don’t quite understand the point of this thread.

Old 01-15-2023, 06:05 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
They don't have houses.

Old 01-15-2023, 06:09 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Wait until it's dark and move it down the street. They'll get the hint.

Old 01-15-2023, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Wait until it's dark and move it down the street. They'll get the hint.
I'm trying so hard to resist doing that. I've daydreamed of hooking a rope to my car and dragging it down 3 blocks.

Old 01-15-2023, 09:27 PM

You guys that are still resisting the Hobo term: homeless people have lazy traits of leaving their trash behind, blocking the usual process of things, and not giving a blank about others ( dont go rant about my generalization, either, I've seen news clips of homeless flinging their number 2 at cars )
So imagine the hobo version of a house renter ( i'm pretty sure my neighbors rent and dont own ).

And re-read what I said about snow plow show/phone losers. Search "Home Owner Prank Call - Hobo Lawn Mower" on the popular video website owned by goog ( dont want to get censored for mentioning it, starts with y ).

Due to the years listening to Roy's show, the word "hobo" came to mind when I was trying to think of the subject for the original post. We'll all get past this thing, with me me using this term somehow, someway. I have faith in you all. Won't continue trying to explain my term after this post, however. I got the useful info I needed anyway, from volosong.

Last edited by dogsmusicpizza; 01-15-2023 at 09:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls