U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-19-2021, 09:17 PM
 
Location: WA Desert, Seattle native
8,897 posts, read 6,991,669 times
Reputation: 8038

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
T-Freeway intersection.? Do you mean 15/86? If yes, you are noting the new entrance/exit to Poky to the east; Chubbuck to the west. (Called New Day Parkway cause some politicians didn't like Siphon....DUH!)


Growing yes, intersection not needed....YES. It is causing growth but Chubbuck is crying now that not enough if housing.

https://localnews8.com/news/local-ne...-spur-housing/
Sorry I guess the T intersection description is not as common as I thought, though I have heard it called the 15 T before. Mostly from law enforcement that I was aquainted with. But this seems to be the next growth area for Bannock Co.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2021, 11:50 PM
 
4,799 posts, read 3,458,887 times
Reputation: 2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Drove through Poky today. Nice new growth north of the T- freeway intersection. Looks like new apartments going up plus new roadways for future growth.
invasion USA
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2021, 03:17 AM
 
3,783 posts, read 3,655,623 times
Reputation: 7892
Lived here for almost six years and never heard that designation even from some state troopers I know or from the Chubbuck LE I have for neighbors. I have heard it called a cluster (guess) by many and that is one reason I guess, it will be fixed in the next few years to allow a right exit from HB 15 to 86 vs. the left exit as it is now.


As for apartments? Haven't noticed any; but if there are on the Poky side, they will be too expensive for most. The Poky side is designated to be for very high income earners and is supposed to have a locked community near New Day and Olympus. So far, limited building going on but I expect that will expand.


Chubbuck wanted the intersection to cut down on truck traffic through town and to allow for more industry to move in the area.


Very large senior facilities have been built about a mile west of 15 on New Day road.



Hard to say what is actually going on, since New Day, from Yellowstone to Hiline has been under construction for almost six months, no one drives it anymore and everyone is back to going through Chubbuck to the interstate; just what Chubbuck didn't want. But the only thing Chubbuck's mayor has done right in the past few years was say NO to a mask mandate.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2021, 08:37 AM
 
434 posts, read 366,680 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Drove through Poky today. Nice new growth north of the T- freeway intersection. Looks like new apartments going up plus new roadways for future growth.
Developers had big plans in this area. They seemed very confident that as soon as the interchange was done, tech companies would occupy a million plus square feet of office space. I even heard mention of an outdoor mall (which was interesting seems how the current mall is as good as dead). Im guessing there will still be a good deal of commercial here eventually, along with lots of housing. We will see what post covid brings
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2021, 07:44 PM
 
Location: WA Desert, Seattle native
8,897 posts, read 6,991,669 times
Reputation: 8038
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Lived here for almost six years and never heard that designation even from some state troopers I know or from the Chubbuck LE I have for neighbors. I have heard it called a cluster (guess) by many and that is one reason I guess, it will be fixed in the next few years to allow a right exit from HB 15 to 86 vs. the left exit as it is now.


As for apartments? Haven't noticed any; but if there are on the Poky side, they will be too expensive for most. The Poky side is designated to be for very high income earners and is supposed to have a locked community near New Day and Olympus. So far, limited building going on but I expect that will expand.


Chubbuck wanted the intersection to cut down on truck traffic through town and to allow for more industry to move in the area.


Very large senior facilities have been built about a mile west of 15 on New Day road.



Hard to say what is actually going on, since New Day, from Yellowstone to Hiline has been under construction for almost six months, no one drives it anymore and everyone is back to going through Chubbuck to the interstate; just what Chubbuck didn't want. But the only thing Chubbuck's mayor has done right in the past few years was say NO to a mask mandate.
The apartments under construction are just east of I-15 near the new intersection.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2021, 11:47 PM
 
4,799 posts, read 3,458,887 times
Reputation: 2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Lived here for almost six years and never heard that designation even from some state troopers I know or from the Chubbuck LE I have for neighbors. I have heard it called a cluster (guess) by many and that is one reason I guess, it will be fixed in the next few years to allow a right exit from HB 15 to 86 vs. the left exit as it is now.


As for apartments? Haven't noticed any; but if there are on the Poky side, they will be too expensive for most. The Poky side is designated to be for very high income earners and is supposed to have a locked community near New Day and Olympus. So far, limited building going on but I expect that will expand.


Chubbuck wanted the intersection to cut down on truck traffic through town and to allow for more industry to move in the area.


Very large senior facilities have been built about a mile west of 15 on New Day road.



Hard to say what is actually going on, since New Day, from Yellowstone to Hiline has been under construction for almost six months, no one drives it anymore and everyone is back to going through Chubbuck to the interstate; just what Chubbuck didn't want. But the only thing Chubbuck's mayor has done right in the past few years was say NO to a mask mandate.
I wouldn't want any of that kind of industrial traffic near me. In fact I prefer no traffic.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2021, 01:01 AM
 
90 posts, read 143,028 times
Reputation: 150
Default No way, run from the Poky

Just here working a job, but... no... there is no reason for Poky to exist. It's an LDS community, made for LDS members to stay apart from the rest of the world. If you are religious and committed, yes. Otherwise one of the top things to do is go to the cleaning museum.

Just don't... and with climate change and water rights.. Poky may have some issues staying green
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2021, 04:56 PM
 
4,799 posts, read 3,458,887 times
Reputation: 2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierhobo View Post
Just here working a job, but... no... there is no reason for Poky to exist. It's an LDS community, made for LDS members to stay apart from the rest of the world. If you are religious and committed, yes. Otherwise one of the top things to do is go to the cleaning museum.

Just don't... and with climate change and water rights.. Poky may have some issues staying green
Any other issues in Pokey? Pokey is still more people than IF?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2021, 05:15 AM
 
3,783 posts, read 3,655,623 times
Reputation: 7892
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierhobo View Post
Just here working a job, but... no... there is no reason for Poky to exist. It's an LDS community, made for LDS members to stay apart from the rest of the world. If you are religious and committed, yes. Otherwise one of the top things to do is go to the cleaning museum.

Just don't... and with climate change and water rights.. Poky may have some issues staying green

Lived in this area for six years now, and only know one or two LDS members; all other people I have met are either non-LDS or Jack Mormons. To say it is only LDS is ignorance. Yes, there are mormon churches as there are other churches and even a synagogue.



Maybe you need to spend some time out and about vs. just being at a "working job."


As for Poky having green grass, I'll be the first to say it is not needed, and the desert look is better for living on the edge of a desert, but people like green grass. But I've never been a lover of green grass. One thing I miss about living in UT, no grass, just rock and sand....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2021, 05:18 AM
 
3,783 posts, read 3,655,623 times
Reputation: 7892
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
I wouldn't want any of that kind of industrial traffic near me. In fact I prefer no traffic.



Actually, the new interstate exit/entrance will be directing industrial traffic AWAY from residential areas more than to the areas. It will direct them from having to drive up and down Yellowstone ave to the interstate through Chubbuck or north, by way of Fort Hall.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top