U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 09:17 PM

7,769 posts, read 5,446,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
T-Freeway intersection.? Do you mean 15/86? If yes, you are noting the new entrance/exit to Poky to the east; Chubbuck to the west. (Called New Day Parkway cause some politicians didn't like Siphon....DUH!)

Growing yes, intersection not needed....YES. It is causing growth but Chubbuck is crying now that not enough if housing.

https://localnews8.com/news/local-ne...-spur-housing/
Sorry I guess the T intersection description is not as common as I thought, though I have heard it called the 15 T before. Mostly from law enforcement that I was aquainted with. But this seems to be the next growth area for Bannock Co.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2021, 11:50 PM

3,164 posts, read 2,190,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Drove through Poky today. Nice new growth north of the T- freeway intersection. Looks like new apartments going up plus new roadways for future growth.
invasion USA

Old Yesterday, 03:17 AM

3,686 posts, read 3,138,892 times
Lived here for almost six years and never heard that designation even from some state troopers I know or from the Chubbuck LE I have for neighbors. I have heard it called a cluster (guess) by many and that is one reason I guess, it will be fixed in the next few years to allow a right exit from HB 15 to 86 vs. the left exit as it is now.

As for apartments? Haven't noticed any; but if there are on the Poky side, they will be too expensive for most. The Poky side is designated to be for very high income earners and is supposed to have a locked community near New Day and Olympus. So far, limited building going on but I expect that will expand.

Chubbuck wanted the intersection to cut down on truck traffic through town and to allow for more industry to move in the area.

Very large senior facilities have been built about a mile west of 15 on New Day road.

Hard to say what is actually going on, since New Day, from Yellowstone to Hiline has been under construction for almost six months, no one drives it anymore and everyone is back to going through Chubbuck to the interstate; just what Chubbuck didn't want. But the only thing Chubbuck's mayor has done right in the past few years was say NO to a mask mandate.

Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM

429 posts, read 313,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Drove through Poky today. Nice new growth north of the T- freeway intersection. Looks like new apartments going up plus new roadways for future growth.
Developers had big plans in this area. They seemed very confident that as soon as the interchange was done, tech companies would occupy a million plus square feet of office space. I even heard mention of an outdoor mall (which was interesting seems how the current mall is as good as dead). Im guessing there will still be a good deal of commercial here eventually, along with lots of housing. We will see what post covid brings

Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM

7,769 posts, read 5,446,957 times
Quote:
Lived here for almost six years and never heard that designation even from some state troopers I know or from the Chubbuck LE I have for neighbors. I have heard it called a cluster (guess) by many and that is one reason I guess, it will be fixed in the next few years to allow a right exit from HB 15 to 86 vs. the left exit as it is now.

As for apartments? Haven't noticed any; but if there are on the Poky side, they will be too expensive for most. The Poky side is designated to be for very high income earners and is supposed to have a locked community near New Day and Olympus. So far, limited building going on but I expect that will expand.

Chubbuck wanted the intersection to cut down on truck traffic through town and to allow for more industry to move in the area.

Very large senior facilities have been built about a mile west of 15 on New Day road.

Hard to say what is actually going on, since New Day, from Yellowstone to Hiline has been under construction for almost six months, no one drives it anymore and everyone is back to going through Chubbuck to the interstate; just what Chubbuck didn't want. But the only thing Chubbuck's mayor has done right in the past few years was say NO to a mask mandate.
The apartments under construction are just east of I-15 near the new intersection.

Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM

3,164 posts, read 2,190,241 times
Quote:

I wouldn't want any of that kind of industrial traffic near me. In fact I prefer no traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls