U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-21-2021, 08:39 PM
 
7 posts, read 2,767 times
Reputation: 27

Advertisements

Appears to be a nice golf course community. Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
25,963 posts, read 17,359,566 times
Reputation: 19908
It's outside of the I.F. city limits. This will affect how much utilities costs will be.

Other than that, it's just another typical subdivision that's typical of the 90s. Larger and fancier homes than those built in earlier times here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM
 
434 posts, read 314,212 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's outside of the I.F. city limits. This will affect how much utilities costs will be.

Other than that, it's just another typical subdivision that's typical of the 90s. Larger and fancier homes than those built in earlier times here.
No, I believe that whole subdivision is annexed. It definitely does feel like its not part of the city though
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM
 
7 posts, read 2,767 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's outside of the I.F. city limits. This will affect how much utilities costs will be.

Other than that, it's just another typical subdivision that's typical of the 90s. Larger and fancier homes than those built in earlier times here.
Thanks. I appreciate the reply.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM
 
434 posts, read 314,212 times
Reputation: 161
Fairway estates is situated with industrial and a highway to the south. To the east, west and north of the subdivision is undeveloped county land, which is why it doesn't feel like the city. The west may not get developed for a very long time. It sits north of the airports runway and residential is banned in this overlay zone.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:43 AM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
25,963 posts, read 17,359,566 times
Reputation: 19908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
Fairway estates is situated with industrial and a highway to the south. To the east, west and north of the subdivision is undeveloped county land, which is why it doesn't feel like the city. The west may not get developed for a very long time. It sits north of the airports runway and residential is banned in this overlay zone.
That explains the situation well.

Residential is banned on the runway approaches, but farming is not. That's why there's smooch non-residential space between the city limits and Fairway Estates.

Once out in the county, it's sometimes very hard to discern what land lies within city limits or not. Lots of times, one side of the road is county, and the other side is city, and it all is nothing. but farm fields.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Southeast Idaho
4,776 posts, read 16,622,809 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
That explains the situation well.

Residential is banned on the runway approaches, but farming is not. That's why there's smooch non-residential space between the city limits and Fairway Estates.

Once out in the county, it's sometimes very hard to discern what land lies within city limits or not. Lots of times, one side of the road is county, and the other side is city, and it all is nothing. but farm fields.
So right you are! I'm in Cloverdale Estates which is county. I have a good friend who lives just across First street, she's Ammon. Another friend is further west, but east of Amm9n road and west of the tracks, she county.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top