Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2006, 03:00 PM

7 posts, read 85,133 times

Advertisements

What is there to do for young kids under 10 years of age (energy filled kids) in Idaho Falls? Is there a movie theater? What else is there beside all the great national parks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2006, 03:37 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,263,520 times
The IF area does have an Edwards theatre (14 screens I think), Little League, there's a mini-golf course with other attractions up the road in Rigby (less than 30 miles), YMCA, several city parks with the slides, swings and the like, most every other family has a trampoline in their yard, there's also Teton Spectrum has indoor go-cart type track with arcade games. In winter at Tautphaus Park there's an ice hockey league, not to mention cross country skiing at a few parks and trust me kids around here start skiing and snowboarding at a young age.

We do have a few museums and a city library downtown and then there's the greenbelt that is a path around the Snake River and the falls in downtown IF. You can bike it, hike it or blade it (for us oldsters, you can walk it too )

Oh almost forgot, we also have two drive-in theatres and a minor league baseball team!

Just about forgot that we have a smallish amusement park connected to the zoo.

Last edited by Marka; 06-11-2006 at 01:25 AM.. Reason: merged

Old 06-11-2006, 07:57 AM

7 posts, read 85,133 times
Thumbs up Thank you cleosmom!

Thank you so much for responding to my question! All the these sound really nice and fun for kids . I feel a lot better knowing that my kids can continue to be powered by the sun!

Last edited by moose3; 06-11-2006 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: want to add more stuff

Old 07-04-2007, 02:12 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,432,982 times
This thread is a year old. A lot has changed, or at least become better known in the past year of what there is to do.

Kids may not enjoy hicking in the local mountains/canyons, or picking huckleberries etc. But, there are many activities.

I'd recommended checking out the daily events calendar at Idaho Falls Magazine (www.IdahoFallsMagazine (broken link)). They write the activities list each spring. I believe it was 80 things to do this summer, and those acitivities are outside of private dance, gymnastics, karate, art, music or even the local schools that have band practice in summer preparing for fall.

Cleosmom is right, the Chukars ("A" baseball for Kansas City Royals, but with a feeder team beneath them) have a brand new stadium. Many regional and state baseball games are played there as well. The Chukars seem to be doing fairly well so far this year.

Then there is the Museum of Idaho. Has broken record attendances with its "Blood and Ink" display about the dead sea scrolls. Largest museum in ID. Able to retain this display until Labor Day. MANY, MANY visitors come from out of state to see it and other high quality exhibits. There is an area dedicated for kids as well.

Hopefully, others will add what they did or their kids, neighbors, relatives do for fun in Idaho Falls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
View detailed profiles of: