U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2008, 07:57 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,146,640 times

Advertisements

Where would we look for a lakefront newer home with boat dock near IF?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 10:44 AM

8,440 posts, read 12,308,793 times
Lightbulb Mostly Riverfront Property and Docks Right Now, One Lake Coming Soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Where would we look for a lakefront newer home with boat dock near IF?
Not sure about a lakefront, norcalmom. However, there are high end homes on E. River Road where the river is calm and private boat docks exist. I'm talking about the area by the golf course, near the Jefferson County/Bonneville County border. However, I believe all that property is in Idaho Falls, not unincorporated Idaho Falls.

A realtor or MLS search could show you what homes may be available.

In about 1-2 years, Snake River Landing will have Lakeside Homes on a man-made lake. The river will not be far away. But, the realtors are just meeting with potential home owners at the Pier Dedication, as I understand it. You may want to contact SRL or the realtor involved and see what can be built.

MSR

Old 07-21-2008, 05:49 PM

Thank you MSR!

Old 07-23-2008, 11:46 PM

8,440 posts, read 12,308,793 times
Cool There May Be Some Other River Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Thank you MSR!
Certainly.

If you don't mind, let us know what you find out if you reach a real estate expert or explore more on your own.

One thing I failed to mention about E. River Road (proper), as there is a subdivision around Sage Lakes Golf Course, is I don't know that any of those homes are spec. Mostly have been very carefully planned and saved for. However, it only takes one to meet the need.

Also, if someone wants to show you river front property in Jefferson County (north of Bonneville), I'd get more information and lots of it! Some of that area may be ok, but there have been major floods through some that is on the market.

What helps, is the property that SEEMS to be more flood prone in Jefferson County is WEST of the river. I've not heard of problems in homes east of the River, on E. River Road or the subdivisions, or individual houses in the area. However, others may have.

I was really surprised the first time I drove through that area and realized how differently the Snake River could be and people living in Idaho Falls kept boat docks for easy access. Most people visualize the "falls" part of the river. However, a few miles north, beyond INL/CAES etc. are the homes I'm referring to.

Also, check zoning if you may be thinking of building something on your own. I believe some of the land north of University Place, University Blvd. area has already been rezoned for a different purpose.

Finally, while the contractor's name escapes me, depending on how much space you may or may not want, there is a new development of Townhomes north of University Place along the river. It is called the "Narrows II." I didn't mention it before as it seems geared more for graduate students, or those who may need less room. I might have been wrong, but my impression has always been you needed more room than a Townhouse.

Additionally, don't forget that Taylor's Crossing on the River will be start their condo building sometime this next year. Then the Row Houses, and Townhouses are suppose to follow. They will also be built next to the river where it is much calmer.

Hope that helps.

MSR

Old 07-24-2008, 08:52 PM

26 posts, read 95,300 times
There are actually quite a few waterfront and waterview properties available in and around Bonneville Co. Without going into the MLS, I can think of some great homes in Swan Valley, one by Gem Lake, several in Jefferson Co. (about 20 min. from Idaho Falls) and one or two in Blackfoot. There are also waterfront lots available to build on, particularly in Jefferson Co. I'd have to do an MLS search to give you any specifics.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:09 PM

5 posts, read 19,668 times
A really great place to look for Idaho Lakefront real estate is BlackRockDevelopment.com - they have a ton a listings and some extremely beautiful homes.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:07 PM

Thank you!

Old 11-24-2008, 07:37 PM

873 posts, read 1,511,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWatson View Post
A really great place to look for Idaho Lakefront real estate is BlackRockDevelopment.com - they have a ton a listings and some extremely beautiful homes.
Isn't that in Coeur d' Alene?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls