Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 02:36 PM

210 posts, read 946,914 times

Advertisements

Mesa Falls is nice little day trip. Some light hiking around there if you want to hike. I'll be camping up in the Warm River area this weekend, so maybe I'll get a chance to say hello. People like to float the river there at Warm River and on the Henry's fork from the bridge down towards Ashton. Great fishing too, if you are into that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 10:22 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breer23 View Post
If I remember right, you mentioned that you were in the animal care industry. We might have a need to have our little ones (two cats) looked at, medically speaking. If you have any suggestions, please send me a DM.

Probably not much chance that that process also causes other drivers (particularly those in the area of 17th & Hitt) to slow down and take some precautions of their own?

I think our first big treat will be venturing out this weekend. Between getting our furniture late, and my wife's job hunting, we haven't gotten outside of the area limits yet...we're thinking Mesa Falls. Anyone else with input - we'd like to keep it to a day trip.
Your have a DM If you get to Mesa Falls, you're a step ahead of me LOL Husband and I never seem to be home at the same time to go and do anything anymore. You might also want to stop at The Relay Station in St. Anthony for a bite

If you think 17th & Hitt is bad now, just wait until winter

Old 08-25-2008, 04:37 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Lightbulb Hitt Road vs. Almost Hit Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post

If you think 17th & Hitt is bad now, just wait until winter
Cleosmom,

Sometimes you write so much truth it hurts. Of course that is why I like you and trust your opinions/recommendations. I have to join you in saying summer traffic is different than winter.

And Red Robin should be open sometime in late 2008, the last I heard. That will only make traffic at 17th and Hitt worse.

Do you think there is a reason some in Bonneville County tend to lean into the 25th East name more than "Hitt Road?" While it truly has always been named Hitt Road, it appears to me prefer 25th East. Perhaps it is just easier for some folks to find. Then again I think about the "almost-hit" incidents and wonder how that road could have been named "Hitt" decades ago.

Breer23, Hitt and 1st Street is going to be a major battle ground for Hitt Road. Idaho Falls plans to expand what has become a major road into more lanes. The battle will be in what, if anything, Ammon contributes ($$$$ wise, not just opinions). When that expansion starts, some will avoid Hitt as a thoroughfare. I'd make sure your 2 cats are secure at home!

Glad you made the journey safely.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:40 AM

634 posts, read 2,348,118 times
Default catch anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinprism View Post
I'll be camping up in the Warm River area this weekend, so maybe I'll get a chance to say hello. People like to float the river there at Warm River and on the Henry's fork from the bridge down towards Ashton. Great fishing too, if you are into that.
We did make it to Mesa Falls on Saturday...had a really good time. Hadn't been in the "wild" in a while, so I'm glad it was a relatively low-stress trek. Will venture out a bit more as the months progress, and before winter hits.

Hope your camping trip was successful, twinprism. Thought of you as we passed the turn-off for the Warm River fishing area off of 47, and saw lots of folks down by the river entrance as we climbed the hill to the Falls. I'm not a big fisher-person, but my wife is quite adept at it.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:45 AM

Default hard to keep up the amount of rep to give to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
If you get to Mesa Falls, you're a step ahead of me LOL Husband and I never seem to be home at the same time to go and do anything anymore. You might also want to stop at The Relay Station in St. Anthony for a bite
Sorry to one-up you, cleosmom, but we did make it to Mesa Falls! Had lunch at the Relay Station along the way to MF, too; was pretty good (I had steak sandwich, wife had a burger), and we were lucky enough to hit a lull in their business (around 1 p.m.) - when we drove back by around 5:30 p.m. it was pretty full!

Quick side note: how good is the Stockman's restaurant along Hwy. 20 between IF and Rigby? Looked like a swell place to get a steak that's not far out of town, and they were PACKED when we drove by on Saturday night, around 6 p.m. I guess that should say it all, tho - just curious about the local opinion.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Breer23, Hitt and 1st Street is going to be a major battle ground for Hitt Road. Idaho Falls plans to expand what has become a major road into more lanes. The battle will be in what, if anything, Ammon contributes ($$$$ wise, not just opinions). When that expansion starts, some will avoid Hitt as a thoroughfare. I'd make sure your 2 cats are secure at home!

Glad you made the journey safely.
Thanks! While I'm glad they plan to open up Hitt Rd. to 4 lanes heading north of 17th St., that will really put a damper on my commuting plans to University Place. As it turns out, all of my classes this term will be at night, so I suppose I can take a more conventional route (17th, John Adams) to get west before heading north to campus, since the traffic should be lighter when I head in, and certainly when I head home. I might even try going down Sunnyside to I-15 - seems really out of the way, but we are only a few blocks north of Sunnyside and getting there is a breeze.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:30 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
Glad you enjoyed Mesa Falls. (note to self: GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!) So you liked the Relay Station? Good deal, again been awhile since I've been up there as well.

My hairdresser, whose yet to steer me wrong, says Stockman's is great Havent tried it yet, however that's a thought for tonight!

Quote:
Sorry to one-up you, cleosmom, but we did make it to Mesa Falls! Had lunch at the Relay Station along the way to MF, too; was pretty good (I had steak sandwich, wife had a burger), and we were lucky enough to hit a lull in their business (around 1 p.m.) - when we drove back by around 5:30 p.m. it was pretty full!

Quick side note: how good is the Stockman's restaurant along Hwy. 20 between IF and Rigby? Looked like a swell place to get a steak that's not far out of town, and they were PACKED when we drove by on Saturday night, around 6 p.m. I guess that should say it all, tho - just curious about the local opinion.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:53 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Exclamation Another Possible Route; And Do Check Out New Housing Options for Next Year

Quote:
Thanks! While I'm glad they plan to open up Hitt Rd. to 4 lanes heading north of 17th St., that will really put a damper on my commuting plans to University Place. As it turns out, all of my classes this term will be at night, so I suppose I can take a more conventional route (17th, John Adams) to get west before heading north to campus, since the traffic should be lighter when I head in, and certainly when I head home. I might even try going down Sunnyside to I-15 - seems really out of the way, but we are only a few blocks north of Sunnyside and getting there is a breeze.
Breer23,

You may just teach some on the east side how to use I-15 for everyday commuting. A couple of years ago, a few plans circulated of how and why Idaho Falls/Ammon/Iona etc. should be building a belt loop now. I really liked one of them.

Just thinking about traffic patterns, have you thought about using Woodruff to possibly Lincoln Road which becomes Anderson Ave. when traveling west? If I remember correctly (and I might not), Woodruff doesn't have anything big planned for it construction wise. And I think Lincoln Road where it intersects with Woodruff is more west than all the changes planned for Lincoln Road. However, I honestly haven't looked for a while, so others may know far more.

Maybe in a year or so some new housing options will finally be built. Not only those at University Place, but Snake River Landing is starting construction this fall on at least 3-4 different types of homes, including smaller living units. I can't remember if the condos, twin home-like units, or lofts were going to be built this fall, along with some of the larger homes. You may want to keep that in mind and check mid-fall about units available, costs etc.

Glad you made it to see some local eastern Idaho scenery. Books get very consuming very fast!

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls