U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2008, 05:58 PM

2 posts, read 6,488 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Idaho Falls next month and am having a hard time finding an apartment or condo to rent. Looking for something nice safe and kind of quiet but heres the problem...can't find anywhere that takes dogs ( dog is about half the size of a cat but yes still a dog i suppose haha) any suggestions on nice places to look? unfortunately i won't be able to visit before moving so any info to send me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 06:33 PM

4,922 posts, read 16,922,899 times
Check with Randy Trane or Shaunie Browning (realtors). Both have been known to have rentals that allow pets (not certain if it's just houses or if they have condos as well).

Renting with pets is extremely difficult at best here in IF, I'd say 90% of rentals don't allow them

Old 11-06-2008, 12:29 AM

634 posts, read 2,195,313 times
Wish I had some happy news on this front, but we had a heck of a time finding a place that allows pets. We have two cats, and were turned down by most prospective rental places. The place we did settle on does allow cats, but not dogs - they say b/c too many folks don't clean up after their pets (which they don't...but that's a whole 'nother topic).

Here's who we rent from: Rooftop Real Estate Management They say they are "negotiable" with pets, so you might be able to work something out if your dog is smaller.

Best of luck!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:37 AM

2 posts, read 6,488 times
Thanks breer23 and cleosmom...i'll check it out today!!! really appreciate it

Old 01-11-2010, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,708 times
Do not rent from Rooftop Rentals in Idaho Falls, Idaho. They use false advertising and do not take care of their tenants. They advertise rent at a low price and then add in costs for garbage disposal, water and sewer when you go to sign your contract. The walks were hardly ever shoveled in the winter and the water heater made such a loud popping noise that it is hard to sleep at night. When we complained about these things we were told that they would not do anything to fix it. We lived at Foxboro for a year and we are glad to have moved out. The walls and ceiling were paper thin so we could always hear the neighbors. They do not take care of the grounds, the tenants, and will nickel and dime you on your deposit when you move out. Stay away from Rooftop - horrible experience.

Last edited by WU09; 01-11-2010 at 12:21 PM..

Old 01-31-2010, 08:53 PM

27,041 posts, read 18,305,375 times
Hi, Qwales...
Negotiation beforehand will really help. There are quite a few owners who will rent and allow pets, but it all depends on the pet. Expect a larger security deposit, and if need be, offer a larger deposit if you think the owner seems to be considering allowing your dog.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:41 PM

265 posts, read 628,575 times
WU AND BANJO did you realize that the posts are from 2008? that's the problems with this site sometimes. Old posts should be taken off but no one wants to do it.sigh. jim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
View detailed profiles of: