U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 09:51 PM

8,440 posts, read 12,688,163 times

Advertisements

Often we are asked questions in this forum about those who are not LDS (Mormon) and fitting in eastern Idaho. Specifically, fitting in as a non-LDS resident in Idaho Falls/Ammon or elsewhere in Bonneville County. I'd include northern Bingham County and the Rigby (Jefferson County) as well.

What a better way to make a point than to post this link about the need for an additional Jehovah's Witnesses worship facility being needed?

Jehovah's Witnesses Expand in I.F. With New Kingdom Hall | KIDK CBS 3 - News, Weather and Sports - Idaho Falls - Pocatello - Blackfoot, ID - Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Blackfoot - Idaho | Video (http://www.kidk.com/home/video/27979134.html - broken link)

I'm impressed 500 volunteers showed up to help build this facility. I'm also impressed it is in Ammon.

Perhaps Ammon is increasing in the number of non-LDS residents who reside there. Or, the church may have gotten a good deal on land. I don't know any of the details. However, I think this should answer some questions when people ask if there are any other churches besides Mormon (LDS) churches in Idaho Falls and Ammon.

Maybe someone more familiar than I with how this Kingdom Hall, and others, are built in 3 days time could comment. Let me rephrase: Would someone who is familiar with this process please explain more, as I am not. I find the idea interesting how quickly churches can be built.

Anyway, congratulations to the congregation and leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses faith in Idaho Falls and Ammon!

I hope this center brings comfort and guidance to many.

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 02-06-2009 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: Sorry For the Typo in the Name - Computer Glitch - MSR
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 09:04 AM

8,440 posts, read 12,688,163 times
Smile Good To See The # of Visits to this Thread. Thanks.

I'm a little surprised this thread has been on the first page as long as it has. I think that is good.

Hopefully, the purpose of my post has been clear. Besides truly being interestd in how these buildings are built so fast in 3 days, with all the volunteers, I hope the title alone discourages some of the previous thinking about the Idaho Falls/Ammon area only having LDS residents.

Thanks to all who have looked and kept this thread around a while. I hope someone or a family or many benefit from knowing the information about various churches in the Idaho Falls/Ammon area.

I sincerely hope the congregation of this church has another place that feels like home.

MSR

Old 02-21-2009, 02:02 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,286,041 times
I have personally seen Jehova's Witnesses do this locally.. They build thier Kingdom Halls with local and visiting congregation members labor in an incredible amount of time.. They are not lavish structures but are very pretty in thier simplicity. Many of the people who build these are on vacation and attend other Kingdom Halls. They plan vacations around these builds often times, and can even travel long distances to help out.. It really is amazing to see how people really working together can do incredible things in such a short time. They go right down to the hand made curtains inside too

Old 04-08-2009, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 5,757 times
Lightbulb JW Brotherhood gets Building Done Fast

I've seen many Jehovah's witnesses building projects and helped with some, although physically very limited. How and Why we enjoy it with much success is a lovely formula: 1.We truly are Family, whether we've personally met everyone on hand or not; and what happy extended family wouldn't delight in a good old-fashioned "barn-raising"! 2. The same Bible principles that give us the motivation for such cooperation and unselfishness are the same ones we each live by daily. So, we're able to "get it done" in *** time, with minimum snags. That leads us to reason 3: We live by the rule of Christ, "There's more happiness in GIVING than in receiving". 4: We have a purpose. A building's just a "servant", a place for worship. As one can look around and see in modern life, often families spend so much time and money on the literal structure of their home dwelling that they sacrifice the emotional, moral and human-care structure of their family. We "get it done properly, in the most expidient way possible. Then we get busy helping people who want and need help.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:57 AM

1 posts, read 5,328 times
Yes the brotherhood involved is a key factor for quick build success. Other factors include Regional building committees composed of expert volunteers in fields ranging from Architectural engineering, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, electrical and more. For the most part there are a limited number of floor plans as base designs, with the individual congregational needs and input on desired variations to fit locality. Volunteers also can do anything from construction labor to lunch service or cleanup. Consistency in permitting, property developement and quality in design make these sturdy houses of worship.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:21 PM

314 posts, read 1,158,660 times
*deleted*

Old 01-22-2010, 10:19 AM

1 posts, read 4,422 times
hi, i'm jehova's witnes from PerĂș. I would like to know some jehova's witness from Idaho, because i going to travel to Idaho this year.
Best Regards,
Geraldine
my mail is [EMAIL="geraldinejw_2005@hotmail.com"]geraldinejw_2005@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls