Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 04:50 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times

Advertisements

Here's a fun new event to support the Snake River Animal Shelter, first the link http://snakeriveranimalshelter.org/

Here's some of what's going on June 20:

Demonstrations: Bird Dog, Herding Dog Demo, and USRV Dog Training Club Demos

Contests

Ugliest--Cutest--Biggest--Smallest--Hariest--Best Dressed

Some fun things for the kids to do and microchipping is available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 02:08 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Thumbs up A Great Project - Very Needed, and Long in the Planning Stages...........Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Here's a fun new event to support the Snake River Animal Shelter, first the link http://snakeriveranimalshelter.org/

Contests

Good for you, cleosmom, for posting this. I hope a lot of people are able to participate. I think there are some other activities going on at Snake River Landing and elsewhere, maybe with careful planning lots can participate.

I saw the article launching the capital campaign. How cool is it that Sylvia Medina is in charge? A couple of thoughts to pass upward, if they haven't already been suggested.

1. For a limited time (10 - 15 min or less, a pre-set time), local DVMs answer general questions for a low fee. No testing or anything complicated. More preventive, or perhaps even addressing dentistry issues or other.

2. Local groomer(s) teach care for cats, canines and OTHER. There would have to be a fee, but not much so people can know when they should be concerned about some things and not about others. Someone could even address Anal Glands - what a discussion But, for those breeds that tend to have problems, their owners already know the problem has to be addressed.

3. Sylvia needs to write her life story, or an abbreviated version. She could start after leaving INL and forming Northwest, landing multi-million dollar contracts and opening offices in many states, while somewhere along the way getting married and having twins.

A percentage of the profits could benefit the center. If she doesn't want to write it, maybe there is a gifted writer in the area who is willing to donate the technical time to do the writing if s/he had the accurate info. Just a thought of how others could also donate in kind.

4. A low cost spay and neuter clinic with donations of X dollars going to the new project would be a winner. I know the DVMs have to be on board. Perhaps those from the Upper Valley, who will also benefit, plus even those down through Blackfoot and elsewhere would be willing to participate at various times.

If everything is set for next week, no big deal, maybe some version of those ideas can be used down the road.

You do good work and help nurture many animals. The world could use a few more cleosmoms.

Good luck next week

MSR

Old 06-14-2009, 10:02 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,520,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post

Contests

I've been Meaning to get My kids Microchipped!

Old 06-14-2009, 12:46 PM

Talking Which Ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
I've been Meaning to get My kids Microchipped!
Your canine or human kids, NCM?

Good luck if it is the later.............

MSR

Old 06-14-2009, 01:02 PM

Cool Local Media Adds Info

Found this article. I hope it helps explain some of the goals a bit more. If it is off the mark, cleosmom, PLEASE correct what is wrong.

Nice to see the media getting involved.

New Animal Shelter Could Save Lives - KIFI - Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Jackson WY - Weather News Sports-

MSR

Old 06-14-2009, 01:02 PM

The huMan ones, of course....My dogs don't wander!

Old 06-14-2009, 01:14 PM

Wink Funny.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
The huMan ones, of course....My dogs don't wander!
NCM,

What did those Raspberry Shakes have in them?

Yes, microchips could be very useful with wandering teens. Wonder who would put them in?

MSR

Old 06-14-2009, 06:35 PM

Well, I'd prefer a gps tracking device, I iMagine the saMe folks that put theM in certain AlzheiMers patients? Or Maybe a friendly vet.....

Old 06-14-2009, 08:01 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Found this article. I hope it helps explain some of the goals a bit more. If it is off the mark, cleosmom, PLEASE correct what is wrong.

Nice to see the media getting involved.

New Animal Shelter Could Save Lives - KIFI - Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Jackson WY - Weather News Sports-

MSR
Sounds spot on to me. The crux of it all boils down to irresponsible pet owners that for whatever reason do not spay/neuter their pets. I've heard it all ;

"if every pet was spayed/neutered there would be a shortage" Bull pucky!

"if we spay/neuter they will get fat" again myth

one from the old school "it's healthier to breed her before we spay"

"we went the kids to see a litter being born" fine, do that and then take them to the pound to see puppies put to sleep!!!

Okay, I'm on a roll now so I best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls