U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 07:28 AM

52 posts, read 192,071 times

Advertisements

also, other Rt20 towns Ucon, Thornoton, Rexburg...

any areas to avoid renting/living in, etc? all info appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 07:44 AM

12,644 posts, read 19,279,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryKV View Post
also, other Rt20 towns Ucon, Thornoton, Rexburg...

any areas to avoid renting/living in, etc? all info appreciated!
Rexburg only if you are Mormon.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:53 AM

I'm not Mormon. Maybe I can open an info stand and convert some of them though. Just kidding, lol

Old 05-15-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I'm not Mormon. Maybe I can open an info stand and convert some of them though. Just kidding, lol

My hubby grew up in rexburg and it is very close knitted in the LDS faith and they figure out pretty quick when you are not attending church will question you about it and when you meet someone one of the first things they ask is what ward you are in.

Question why these towns? Any particular reason?

Old 05-15-2009, 08:12 AM

Geography, weather, proximity to opportunity and natural beauty, yet out of the way and affordable. We looked at all kinds of places but we have a good friend from Idaho who had very good things to say, about the whole state really but especially southern and eastern Idaho. So I started looking and it looks pretty good. You brought me another thought, my wife is a teacher, but will non-LDS status affect getting a job in that field?

Old 05-15-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Geography, weather, proximity to opportunity and natural beauty, yet out of the way and affordable. We looked at all kinds of places but we have a good friend from Idaho who had very good things to say, about the whole state really but especially southern and eastern Idaho. So I started looking and it looks pretty good. You brought me another thought, my wife is a teacher, but will non-LDS status affect getting a job in that field?
Not sure but possibly somewhere like Rexburg. Unless her credentials are through the roof.
But than again there is Idaho Falls about 25 miles from Rexburg area.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:35 AM

Can you do a search for teachers and where they are needed or maybe contact some school admins and inquire before school gets out this year?

Old 05-15-2009, 09:16 AM

Her credentials are BA in business, but Masters in elementary ed from a top school, with some years of experience. She will have to apply for ID certification anyway, that goes state by state. Yes she will try to contact admin offices of various school districts. First we'll have to identify what school districts serve the area! It's a process. We want to buy a VERY cheap fixer upper somewhat out of town, like we did the last place we lived. Then stay here working until one of us can find a job there, then go throw our bags down in the fixer upper. Something like that. I'm sure the people there will like us we get along really well with everybody and we are quiet and mostly open minded yet conservative-living people. We appreciate the simple things, and my wife almost cried when I showed her some northwest pictures. She loves water, animals of any kind, and a background of mountains and open space.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:20 AM

4,928 posts, read 16,932,603 times
I can't speak for Rigby or Rexburg, but I know that in both districts 91 and 93 (Idaho Falls/Ammon) there are plenty of non-LDS teachers.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:48 AM

Maybe go to the Education section and ask there?
Good Luck to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls