U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:59 PM

106 posts, read 548,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziclvr74
Thanks for everyone's feedback... but i have a question... what did you mean by people in Rigby are very, very, very mormon??? Not to familiar with the religion. No we didn't just throw a dart at the map and said he Rigby sounds nice... We did research on the schools, and home prices etc and thought we wanted a change from the fast paced california. I guess we firgured like most californians to cash in on the real estate boom and have a cheaper house payment. Everything in CA is much more expensive and it just seems like the thing to do. It is unbelievable what the difference in home prices is! We choose Rigby also because we really like the house and the neighborhood, and because we are getting a couple of acres of land with a good size home and also because it is close enough to Idaho Falls and Rexburg for shopping etc.... I know we are really taking a chance!! Any more info would be much appreciated!!
Apparently, you haven't run across any Mormons or you wouldn't say that.

Mormons in this area tend to be relatively strict and if you've met any Christian zealots you know what I mean. They tend to be clickish so if you don't mind your entire neighborhood being in their own little clan, which doesn't include you, then Rigby is for you.

If I was you, I would move to Idaho Falls. I grew up there. I think it's a little more tolerant of "outsiders." There are a lot of Mormons there too but not nearly as much. I.F. is the headquarters of the Idaho National Engineering Lab so there are a lot of engineers and scientists in town. And a lot of them are not from the area. I used to be one of the engineers. I'm an eye doctor in Connecticut now so I've seen the light...

Guess you already have your house so you are stuck for a little while. But if you get tired of being left out of the neighborhood activities, then by all means, sell your house to a Mormon and move to I.F.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU...

*If you want to know my non-public opinion, please send me an email at proeye@sbcglobal.net
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2006, 01:25 PM

246 posts, read 261,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muziclvr74
Thanks for everyone's feedback... but i have a question... what did you mean by people in Rigby are very, very, very mormon??? Not to familiar with the religion.
Moving to Rigby would be a good way to familiarize yourself with the LDS church. You'll have plenty of opportunities to hear about it from the locals when they try to convert you...at least for the first month before they stop talking to you.

Magpies

Old 07-13-2006, 01:42 PM

14 posts, read 66,202 times
Convert to what? Joseph Smith? What a joke. No thank you -I'll stick with the one and only Jesus Christ. He is the only way to salvation. Guess, Ill stay around IF or pocatello.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:48 PM

286 posts, read 1,574,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingcarolina
Convert to what? Joseph Smith? What a joke. No thank you -I'll stick with the one and only Jesus Christ. He is the only way to salvation. Guess, Ill stay around IF or pocatello.
That's gonna leave a mark.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:54 PM

286 posts, read 1,574,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpiesMagpiesMagpies
Moving to Rigby would be a good way to familiarize yourself with the LDS church. You'll have plenty of opportunities to hear about it from the locals when they try to convert you...at least for the first month before they stop talking to you.

Magpies
Wow, Rigby must have a whole different breed of Mormon than we have here. I have a friend who is Mormon and she has never once tried to convert me and she speaks to me regularly.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:01 PM

10 posts, read 21,944 times
I have relatives there, they are not mormon. But,,, there is mostly mormons there. They thrive on knowing your business, because there is nothing else for them to do or worry about. They are, however, good people.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:06 AM

246 posts, read 261,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingcarolina
IF & Poky ain't exactly the bible belt either, but there are plenty of folks who'll happily share their testimony. You'll be in good company.

Magpies

Old 07-24-2006, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 3,229 times
Gosh - we all have a right to live where we want to. However, what Rigby and any small town hate - and justifiably so - are Californians coming into their small town and complaining about the town and it's people. Californians are the worst at coming in and taking over a small town. They bring their California problems to nice small towns. My suggestion? Don't. Stay in California where you know the people and what they are like.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:28 PM

4 posts, read 23,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by micky546
Gosh - we all have a right to live where we want to. However, what Rigby and any small town hate - and justifiably so - are Californians coming into their small town and complaining about the town and it's people. Californians are the worst at coming in and taking over a small town. They bring their California problems to nice small towns. My suggestion? Don't. Stay in California where you know the people and what they are like.
Well i guess it's a little too late for that, we already purchased the house. So far all i have heard from most people on this site is negative comments. What is wrong with Californians. Trust me i have no problems. I just want a nice place to raise my family.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:57 PM

106 posts, read 548,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by micky546
1. They aren't Californians.
2. No one is converting your small communities.
3. No one is moving to your small community except your own neighbors from other small towns.

Let's try to keep things in perspective...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls