Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 03:43 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,706 times

Advertisements

I really like Bubba's BBQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 04:17 PM

42 posts, read 121,019 times
The Post Register just ran a front page article on Pickett's Bambino a few days ago. And, yes, it does look like a saw blade. Funny!

Old 10-20-2009, 11:12 PM

634 posts, read 2,347,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
I really like Bubba's BBQ
I'm torn about BBQ here in IF. We've been to both Bubba's and Grandpa's, and like them both for different reasons, though they are very different styles. Bubba's is classic, molasses/tomato based sauce (typical of KC, STL) while Grandpa's is more of a vinegary/mustard based sauce (think Carolinas and some Memphis based). All things being said, I still miss my STL BBQ...other places around here tout STL-style ribs, but none truly compare.

Also, I noticed a sign today touting Lucy's New York Style Pizza, coming soon! Located on Lincoln Rd. just east of Cal-Ranch (behind Fred Meyer etc.). Can't wait to try it!

Old 10-20-2009, 11:23 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Talking Look South For Favorite Burgers......

Quote:
Originally Posted by breer23 View Post
I'm torn about BBQ here in IF. We've been to both Bubba's and Grandpa's, and like them both for different reasons, though they are very different styles. Bubba's is classic, molasses/tomato based sauce (typical of KC, STL) while Grandpa's is more of a vinegary/mustard based sauce (think Carolinas and some Memphis based). All things being said, I still miss my STL BBQ...other places around here tout STL-style ribs, but none truly compare.

Also, I noticed a sign today touting Lucy's New York Style Pizza, coming soon! Located on Lincoln Rd. just east of Cal-Ranch (behind Fred Meyer etc.). Can't wait to try it!
Thanks for the crash course, breer23. I get confused sometimes about the difference in ingredients. Did you see my post on the Idaho burgers thread? In-N-Out hiring in suburban Salt Lake right now.

Just thought I'd give you some more good info.

MSR

Old 10-22-2009, 08:07 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,817 times
Well, so far, I have tried "Great Hunan", (twice), and both were quite satisfactory...not super-great, but good. I like that it is not a fancy sit-down, more of a combo sit-down and fast-food concept. Seems to work.

Thai 2 is my next experiment. In fact, I think tomorrow. So get your best cooks in there tomorrow, please.

Eventually I want to try 5 Guys, but I need to avoid that "type" of food except on occasion.

BTW, as soon as I moved out of Poky, I noticed they are building a 5 Guys there, too!

Thanks for all the suggestions. Still a little confused on the best pizza thing, but again, no biggie as I really should be visiting those venues quite infrequently. But I really enjoy quality pizza, Chicago/NY style, doesn't matter. Pizza Hut, etc., no thanks.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:24 PM

I heard from a colleague the other day that Yummy House (downtown IF, where the old London Cafe was located, on Broadway) was some of the best Chinese food in town, and quite cheap. They preferred to Happy and some of the other local varieties of Chinese cuisine. Have yet to try it but am hoping for the best!

Old 10-24-2009, 08:07 PM

Made it to Thai-2 on 17th...very good, not overly filling, and good service. Seems they use quality ingredients. I will indeed check out Yummy.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,264 times
Thumbs down Pettolinos -bad pizza, lots of money !

What a huge disappointment. I stopped in for lunch, I ordered a 10' pepparoni pizza and a coke. Over $13 !!!, I wouldn't have been as upset if it was a good pizza, but it was awful. Greasy, bad crust, sauce wasn't good either. They got my only dollar (or should I say 13 of them) I won't be back.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:16 PM

Wow, sorry to hear that, S764041! Especially since I've shouted their praises, I feel really bad. It has been a few weeks since we've been there - would hate to think that they are going downhill so quickly.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:56 PM

Quick I.F. 5 guys review:

Went there Sat. morn and was the first customer at 11am. Ordered the small cheesburger and cajun fries. The burger was decent, (I've had better), the fries were less than what I expected and tasted a little odd. Edible, but not extremely good.

Perhaps because I was the first customer of the day, the order-taker was in an EXTREMELY good mood, joking, complimenting my looks (that's a stretch!), and just totally going beyond what you would normally expect. Almost to the point of being uncomfortable, but who could really complain about that?

I will probably go back during a different day and hour, but, bottom line, not overly anxious to do this soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls