U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 12:26 PM

4,942 posts, read 16,945,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breer23 View Post
Another two lost...

According to KIFI-8, both Iggy's & Okie's Burgers & Chili are now both closed. Wow!
I agree WOW
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 02:11 AM

8,440 posts, read 12,262,542 times
Lightbulb Owner of Idaho Falls Iggy's Also Closed Two Other Iggy's Restaurants that He Owned....

The owner of Iggy's, who lives in Sandy, UT, closed THREE Iggy's. I don't know that the Idaho Falls restaurant was underperforming, compared to others. I think it is a tough time to be in the restaurant business as an owner who owns 2-6 restuarants. Those who own more like 15-20 in an area seem to better withstand this economic time.

I saw this news release somewhere different. I'll have to check the KIFI story. Thanks for posting this info, otherwise I wouldn't have known.

Also, I keep wonderin how the new coffee shop in SRL is doing, along with the Hard Hat? I wonder if they took a portion of the busines that was going to Iggy's? I'm always sad to see any small business not be able to stay open. Maybe the owner will be able to put something back together for at least the Idaho Falls Iggy's. I might as well hope.

IF Guy said a Famous Dave's Barbeque was going to be built (or more likely occupy a former restaurant building) in Idaho Falls. Anyone else know anything about that info?

Thanks for the updates everyone.

MSR

Old 12-03-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
The owner of Iggy's, who lives in Sandy, UT, closed THREE Iggy's. I don't know that the Idaho Falls restaurant was underperforming, compared to others. I think it is a tough time to be in the restaurant business as an owner who owns 2-6 restuarants. Those who own more like 15-20 in an area seem to better withstand this economic time.

I saw this news release somewhere different. I'll have to check the KIFI story. Thanks for posting this info, otherwise I wouldn't have known.

Also, I keep wonderin how the new coffee shop in SRL is doing, along with the Hard Hat? I wonder if they took a portion of the busines that was going to Iggy's? I'm always sad to see any small business not be able to stay open. Maybe the owner will be able to put something back together for at least the Idaho Falls Iggy's. I might as well hope.

IF Guy said a Famous Dave's Barbeque was going to be built (or more likely occupy a former restaurant building) in Idaho Falls. Anyone else know anything about that info?

Thanks for the updates everyone.

MSR
I didn't even have a chance to try out Iggy's

Yes, I saw in the PR that they are now hiring for Famous Dave's. Not certain where they are putting it though.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:42 PM

634 posts, read 2,197,342 times
Maybe Famous Dave's moves right into the spot for Iggy's - lol. Seriously tho, I'd bet they are taking over the old Ruby River on Broadway.

I don't know if I've ever had Famous Dave's (of all BBQ, I know), but if they decided to bring in a Smoky Bones, I'd be ALL over it!

Iggy's, IHMO, was a lot like Ruby River. A bit overpriced, and decent, but not great food.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:59 PM

Well, today was "try a new food place" day, so here's your latest review of two of IF's newer selections:

1. Dancing Dogs Coffeehouse, located on 7725 N. Hitt (WAY north), west side of Hitt just south of the intersection of Hwy. 20. Co-owned by a group of several locals, including a local radio personality, Double D's (they came up with it, not me!) has about 2 dozen different styles of coffee, plus a few original concoctions. I got the Angry Chihuahua - a caramel latte with an extra espresso shot and a touch of cayenne pepper added for heat! They roast their own beans on-site, and can package for individual purchase.

For now they are only open on Saturdays (10-10) and Sundays (10-2), and offer some food - muffins/biscotti on Saturdays, and homemade waffles & quiche on Sundays. The co-owner who was working said that either just before or just after the holidays, they plan to offer homemade food on Saturdays as well. They are also looking to put in a latte stand by University Place (YEAHHHHHHH!). Inside they have several tables with seating for about 20-25 people, a selection of books and board games and the like (we chose dominos) and also provide free wi-fi internet service. Great place for studying for the local college crowd. We had 4 adults and 2 children in our group - Cost for 5 coffees (all specialties, no plain drip) & 2 hot chocs for the kiddies: $17.

2. Lucy's New York Pizzeria, Lincoln Rd. just east of Cal-Ranch (across from the back side of Fred Meyers). Best pizza we've had since St. Louis; certainly better than Franco's or Pettelino's. Very thin crust where the toppings sit, but puffy on the outer crust. Sauce/cheese combo was just right. Breadsticks had a light garlic butter glaze but were not drenched by any means - no sopping grease! Cost of a 14" pizza, salad for 2, drinks and breadsticks: $25 (the breadsticks could be done without - we got them just to try).

Old 12-05-2009, 10:06 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,722,455 times
Look for Iggy's to re-open under new ownership by early 2010.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
2. Lucy's New York Pizzeria, Lincoln Rd. just east of Cal-Ranch (across from the back side of Fred Meyers). Best pizza we've had since St. Louis; certainly better than Franco's or Pettelino's. Very thin crust where the toppings sit, but puffy on the outer crust. Sauce/cheese combo was just right. Breadsticks had a light garlic butter glaze but were not drenched by any means - no sopping grease! Cost of a 14" pizza, salad for 2, drinks and breadsticks: $25 (the breadsticks could be done without - we got them just to try).
After running around for a few hours today shopping a friend and I went to Lucy's and enjoyed it!! I agree better than Franco's or Pettelino's, let's hope they can stick around!! You could hardly tell it used to be Pizza Hut as they revamped the interior. Can't wait to try the calzones, a neighboring table ordered some and I know we'll stick to the smaller size

Old 01-14-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Another one bites the dust?

Grandpa's BBQ on W. Broadway is no more. Don't know if they just relocated or left IF altogether. No sign/note on the door, and the restaurant area was cleared out.

If they simply relocated, and anyone knows to where, please drop me a DM.
Finally, some GOOD news to pass along!

Grandpa's BBQ has relocated but is still Idaho Falls. They took over a vacant building that was previously a Puerto Vallarta restaurant, on N. Fremont just before Science Center Dr....yep, that means they are right next to the entrance to the University Place campus - YEAHHHH!

Old 01-18-2010, 04:19 AM

8,440 posts, read 12,262,542 times
Question Famous Dave's Maybe the Reason for Some Closures?

Quote:
Maybe Famous Dave's moves right into the spot for Iggy's - lol. Seriously tho, I'd bet they are taking over the old Ruby River on Broadway.

I don't know if I've ever had Famous Dave's (of all BBQ, I know), but if they decided to bring in a Smoky Bones, I'd be ALL over it!

Iggy's, IHMO, was a lot like Ruby River. A bit overpriced, and decent, but not great food.
Breer23,

That was my exact thought too, Famous Dave's in what was Ruby River. I've eaten at Famous Dave's but it has been a while. They have all sorts of things bbq. Something like 3-4 different meats and prepared all different ways.

In reading back a bit in this thread, it makes me wonder if Grandpa's got out while ahead so not to compete with a national chain.

I saw that PR article too, Cleosmom, about Famous Dave's coming.

Plus, Lucy's was highlighted by one of the local news channels recently.

Who else knows where Marie Calendar's had a restaurant in Idaho Falls at one time?

Happy Eating

MSR

Old 01-18-2010, 05:33 PM

191 posts, read 247,779 times
Burgers - Scotty's
Chinese - Hong Kong
Thai - This one I can't suggest anything
Pizza - Primo's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls