U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 10:16 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,507,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larz View Post
Burgers - Scotty's
Chinese - Hong Kong
Thai - This one I can't suggest anything
Pizza - Primo's
Scotty's...agreed...probably the best drive-in burger in town. Sorry, Sonic.

Thai...have enjoyed Thai II on 17th...very good, and not too big quantities. That is actually a good thing in the end!

Pizza...still looking.

And I still predict a new ownership for Iggy's, may take a little time, but it will be back.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 06:41 PM

4,772 posts, read 16,618,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Pizza...still looking.

You didn't like Lucy's???

Old 01-19-2010, 09:40 PM

Whoops, missed Lucy's. Will track them down for sure.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Whoops, missed Lucy's. Will track them down for sure.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. They are on Anderson across from the backside of Fred Myers

Old 01-20-2010, 08:50 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,835,899 times
One of my favorite restaurants in I.F. is Smittys Pancake and Steak House on Broadway in downtown. When I grew up that is where my parents would take the family for a weekly dinner. Smittys is classic. I haven't been to that restaurant for at least 8 years so I'm not sure if it has changed or still the same.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
One of my favorite restaurants in I.F. is Smittys Pancake and Steak House on Broadway in downtown. When I grew up that is where my parents would take the family for a weekly dinner. Smittys is classic. I haven't been to that restaurant for at least 8 years so I'm not sure if it has changed or still the same.
Smitty's alright I agree, however they tend to be overpriced IMO. When it comes to breakfast we prefer North Hiway Diner

Old 02-02-2010, 10:28 AM

3 posts, read 6,924 times
I tried Mangini's take and bake pizza recently, and I have to say it was excellent. They are located near 1st and Holmes. They had a large pepperoni for $3.99. Compared to Papa Murphy's, it was no contest really - Mangini's blows them out of the water. Check them out. Stopping at lucy's today for lunch to see how that is.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:48 AM

48 posts, read 93,325 times
I'll have to try Mangini's. I heard that they are owned by the Leo's Place people. Papa Murphy's makes good pizza but they keep raising their prices. They cost nearly as much as some cooked pizzas now.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
I don't think you'll be disappointed. They are on Anderson across from the backside of Fred Myers
OK, decided on a take-out Lucy's to accompany the winter olympic opening ceremonies...

Not bad. Very basic pizza, but good. Much better than the usual chains, but not the best I've ever had. A solid B+. Thanks for the recommendation.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:06 AM

3 posts, read 6,924 times
I was thoroughly underwhelmed by Lucy's Pizza. The sauce was good, and that's about the best I can say for it.

The pizza was fairly basic.
The crust was undercooked and not crispy. The toppings were acceptable though nothing special. The sauce was very good and hearty, with chunks of tomato throughout, though I wish there had been more of it on the pizza. We found bits of cardboard (yes, really) in the crust. The toppings were very average, and the list of available toppings was somewhat disappointing in its lack of variety or availability of higher-end ingredients, though it does include all of the standards.

We went after lunch to try to miss the rush, and the service was still painfully slow. With only a couple other tables occupied at the time, it took nearly 45 minutes from when we arrived to get our pizza. I could understand this for a legitimate Chicago-style pizza, but for a thin-crusted single layer pizza this is wholly unacceptable.

In addition, they initially got our order wrong and brought us bread sticks rather than cheese sticks/fried mozarella, which incidentally was tasty. It's sad when mozzarella sticks are the highlight of your meal at a pizza restaurant. It was a mozzarella patty that had been breaded rather than individual sticks, but the breading and included sauce for dipping were great.

All together our meal rang up to just under $30. This was for a medium specialty pizza, mozzarella sticks, and two drinks.

Overall, I would describe the pizza and experience as a Little Caesar's $5 pizza with better sauce and worse service. Definitely not worth the cost to us - I doubt I'll be back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls