U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 09:40 PM

4,942 posts, read 16,945,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_gets View Post
The pizza was fairly basic.

The crust was undercooked and not crispy.
I could be wrong, most places that have New York style pizzas do not have a crispy crust as you're supposed to fold it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 12:47 AM

5,666 posts, read 8,353,591 times
Sorry, the only thing they have there is potatoes. Or potatos.

Remember the movie Forrest Gump? Remember Bubba Shrimp? Think Bubba Potato.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:12 PM

634 posts, read 2,197,342 times
Anyone who has been to Bayou Le Batre realizes that even they had/have more than Bubba Gump shrimp going for it...and so do we!

Old 02-19-2010, 09:18 PM

634 posts, read 2,197,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_gets View Post
I was thoroughly underwhelmed by Lucy's Pizza. The sauce was good, and that's about the best I can say for it.

The pizza was fairly basic.
The crust was undercooked and not crispy. The toppings were acceptable though nothing special. The sauce was very good and hearty, with chunks of tomato throughout, though I wish there had been more of it on the pizza. We found bits of cardboard (yes, really) in the crust. The toppings were very average, and the list of available toppings was somewhat disappointing in its lack of variety or availability of higher-end ingredients, though it does include all of the standards.

We went after lunch to try to miss the rush, and the service was still painfully slow. With only a couple other tables occupied at the time, it took nearly 45 minutes from when we arrived to get our pizza. I could understand this for a legitimate Chicago-style pizza, but for a thin-crusted single layer pizza this is wholly unacceptable.

In addition, they initially got our order wrong and brought us bread sticks rather than cheese sticks/fried mozarella, which incidentally was tasty. It's sad when mozzarella sticks are the highlight of your meal at a pizza restaurant. It was a mozzarella patty that had been breaded rather than individual sticks, but the breading and included sauce for dipping were great.

All together our meal rang up to just under $30. This was for a medium specialty pizza, mozzarella sticks, and two drinks.

Overall, I would describe the pizza and experience as a Little Caesar's $5 pizza with better sauce and worse service. Definitely not worth the cost to us - I doubt I'll be back.
A person's preference in pizza is as varied as there are people. That said, I'm sorry it wasn't your cup o' tea, j_gets.

We did notice on our last trip (on a Sat. night) that the mgmt. and staff seemed very overwhelmed by the large crowds they have amassed. I hope they can remedy that in the near future. I don't mind waiting for a good meal (and it was, to us), but several groups walked out after hearing about a 30+ minute wait.

I'm a fan of all types of pizza: Chicago stuffed, N.Y. w/the bendable crust (as Lucy's is), cracker crust (grew up on that in the midwest), and for us (DW & I), Lucy's is still the best in town. We prefer it to any of the chains in the area, and more so than the do-it-yourself type places.

I still say, if you haven't tried it, please do try it. You might be surprised, or you might not like it. That's up to you (well, and I guess to an extent, to them).

Old 02-24-2010, 02:20 PM

42 posts, read 111,102 times
The Bambino placed opened up on Monday. It was super-busy and it took a while to get your order but it was delicious. Now we need one in Salt Lake City where I live.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:15 PM

48 posts, read 95,856 times
What's a bambino? I saw a description and it sounds just like a Hot Pocket. Is that about right?

Old 02-26-2010, 09:58 AM

42 posts, read 111,102 times
Yeah, it's kindo of like a hot pocket only 10X better.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:52 PM

48 posts, read 95,856 times
That's not sayin' much! ;-) Seriously I don't really care for hot pockets but I like all the stuff in them if that makes sense. Gonna have to try one of those bambinos.....

Old 08-10-2010, 09:15 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,722,455 times
Some foodie news in IF:

Buffalo Wild Wings, recently opened in Twin, have said they want to open in Poky and IF. This is a popular sports bar with spicy wings and sandwiches. The old Iggy's might be a good spot, but they tend to like to build from the ground up, so we shall see.

Just tonight I heard Chick-Fillet wants to open in the old Fazio's building in IF. This chain is generally well-regarded with quality items.

So get ready for some new food options in IF!

Old 08-11-2010, 06:47 AM

8,440 posts, read 12,262,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Some foodie news in IF:

Buffalo Wild Wings, recently opened in Twin, have said they want to open in Poky and IF. This is a popular sports bar with spicy wings and sandwiches. The old Iggy's might be a good spot, but they tend to like to build from the ground up, so we shall see.

Just tonight I heard Chick-Fillet wants to open in the old Fazio's building in IF. This chain is generally well-regarded with quality items.

So get ready for some new food options in IF!
Hi pw72. I saw that same info. More choice is always good.

And the former sports bar on Channing will now have the name and recipes of an Italian restaurant that use to be in Poky. However, the $250K remodeling was Idaho Falls remodeling. Sounds like it could be interesting.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls