U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 02:32 PM

634 posts, read 2,163,095 times

Advertisements

I've only been to the Buddy's in Poky once, for lunch (it's still open BTW - this is a new branch in IF) but I think it's worth a try - of course, I'm a junkie for all things Italian food!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 11:51 PM

4,755 posts, read 16,566,288 times
Let me add in some info here. We were in Lucy's tonight and I was asking about the progress of them getting the former Schlotzsky's building and the owner of that building is a bit nervous about lawsuit from Pizza Hut, so they are abandoning that idea and thinks he heard it might become a Carl's Jr.

So we can have Taco John's and Fiesta Ole basically sharing a parking lot and then potentially have Carl's Jr across from Burger King, but No Lucy's near Pizza Hut Not to mention that both Domino's and Little Caesar's are both within spitting distance of PH.... I'm just saying

Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,467,442 times
Carl's Jr. entering the East Idaho market is interesting. They are in the Burley area, SLC, and Boise, but this would be a new entrant into E. Idaho. Opinion on the chain: quite average. (However, they were much better when they were primarily a S. Cal chain...today they are teamed with Hardees...for what it's worth.) Similar to Jack in the Box in menu.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:51 AM

I'm interested in getting a Carl's Jr. here as well. I grew up with Hardee's in the midwest and always preferred their food to McD, BK, and pretty much any other fast-food burger joint, particularly when it came to breakfast. During my age-17 summer, I lived on their biscuits-and-gravy combo...then again, I haven't eaten at one in years, so I have no idea if they still have decent food.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:53 PM

Well, it took a while, but the old Izzy's has a new tenant...and it is large national chain.

Buffalo Wild Wings To Open This Spring - Local News Story - KIFI Idaho Falls (http://www.localnews8.com/news/26380555/detail.html - broken link)

Last edited by pw72; 01-06-2011 at 06:14 PM..

Old 01-06-2011, 08:31 PM

4,755 posts, read 16,566,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Well, it took a while, but the old Izzy's has a new tenant...and it is large national chain.

Buffalo Wild Wings To Open This Spring - Local News Story - KIFI Idaho Falls (http://www.localnews8.com/news/26380555/detail.html - broken link)
Once again you beat me to the punch

Old 01-06-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Once again you beat me to the punch
No worries, I tend to follow this stuff quite closely. This is actually a strong positive for I.F.; the chain has a strong following not only for their spicy food, but for being a strong sports bar. Win-win for I.F., and especially Snake River Landing. BTW, outside of the Portland area, and a couple in Boise/Twin Falls, this will be the only other NW location. They are in Montana, but not in Utah.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:07 PM

Was very happy to hear that BWW is coming to IF! I'm always open to the prospect of another proper sports bar. We used to frequent BWW quite often in Chicago, and have been to ones in AZ & CO. I usually wouldn't go there just for the food (the wings are quite good, but I'm not a huge wing guy) but I LOVED going in to watch college football or an occasional baseball game, particularly being a fan of a non-local sports team, as they can pull in any game under the sun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls