Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 11:34 AM

2 posts, read 7,657 times

Advertisements

So, I'm trying to get a feel for what Idaho Falls is really like.

Are people friendly - not "fake" friendly?
Is it easy to make friends?
What percent of the population is non-Mormon?
Would a non-Mormon be accepted into the community, be able to get and keep a good job?
What percentage of people are democrats or liberal?
How would a democrat fit-in?
Could a dem prosper in Idaho Falls? Easily make friends? Feel comfortable and at home? Make a life in the Falls?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 01:40 PM

993 posts, read 3,251,826 times
You won't have a chance.
Whole place full of crazed Morman Red Necks.
Those people already have friends, your out.
2 times a week mandatory young Republican meeting.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:28 PM
sav

62 posts, read 303,100 times
tee hee, i like your spirit desert ryder.

we moved here (IF) 2 years ago and have made loads of friends and found it to be a very easy place to fit in. we are neither mormon nor extremely conservative but we don't tend to talk politics and/or church with our neighbors.
there is a group in town called 'drinking liberally' that meets every thurs night and tends to be more liberal minded.

good luck. we were told by several that idaho falls was "SO CONSERVATIVE" and "SO MORMON". have not had any unpleasant experiences, in fact it is my favorite place i have ever lived and i hope to be in idaho for many, many years.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:20 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,037,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkempka View Post
So, I'm trying to get a feel for what Idaho
Could a dem prosper in Idaho Falls? Easily make friends? Feel comfortable and at home? Make a life in the Falls?
Thanks.
No. Look politics is an important part of your life. You feel very strongly about your political beliefs.

You also feel that you are CORRECT in your political views.

How could you live in an area where YOUR the minority opinion??

Most Dems are much more comfortable with people just like them. It will be difficult to adjust to a diverse community.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:34 AM

21 posts, read 65,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkempka View Post
So, I'm trying to get a feel for what Idaho Falls is really like.

Are people friendly - not "fake" friendly?
Is it easy to make friends?
What percent of the population is non-Mormon?
Would a non-Mormon be accepted into the community, be able to get and keep a good job?
Thanks.

i grew up in rigby (ten min from IF) but consider the whole area home.
i was raised a dem, the majority of my fam is dem.
if you dont make it an issue, it wont be.
as for being LDS, i am and i have tons of friends who arent. its all about the vibe you put out when you move in.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:53 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,416 times
I agree with DR and have to wonder why someone who has different or opposing views would want to move into an area where they might be uncomfortable. The Great State of CA is totally Liberal and would would welcome others of the same party and beliefs. Democrats run the state and as can be seen by the Government in San Francisco they have done a wonderful job.

The diverse culture and balanced budget show how a liberally controlled state can thrive and prosper, even when there are a few conservatives skulking about on the sidelines. The safe cities for illegal aliens concept has provided a safe haven for those less fortunate folks who are forced to come into our country at gunpoint, and work for slave wages. The legalization of marijuana is another thing that should be allowed, because it is an inherent right of all people to blacken their lungs and cough up gunk if they want to. In fact the State should pay for the dope and the tax the few conservatives left to pay for it.

How dare these few bastions of conservatism still exist. How dare they put up churches and expect liberals to drive by and look at them. Who gave them the right to put up crosses everywhere and force everyone to look at them. The current administration has shown what change can bring in their appointments of several different CZARS, etc. who did not pay their taxes. The current administration did the right thing in hiring these folks because it shows no prejudice on their part.

I wait for the day when Liberal Activists are arrested for trying to sneak across the border into Mexico to show that country it too can be like CA. Better yet annex Mexico and make it a suburb of Frisco.....We can then tax those few conservative left who dare to say anything about the liberal cause to pay for our new found citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls