U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 08:14 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,147,149 times

Advertisements

And no matter how bad the traffic, the drivers were all polite and so were the salespeople and the other shoppers! I love this place!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 09:18 PM

993 posts, read 3,045,655 times
Tis the Season.

I see it too here in Emmett..

I love this place.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:07 PM

291 posts, read 622,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
And no matter how bad the traffic, the drivers were all polite and so were the salespeople and the other shoppers! I love this place!
Just to make you feel all Idahoey inside. I went to my in-laws in Bellflower today (CA) 27 miles from my house, 1 1/2 hours going, 2 hours coming back. And I don't remember seeing anyone polite. Although I was practicing my Idaho manners letting people cut in front of me to get on and off the Frwy. If I ever escape the 91 Frwy in Orange County I hope I never see it again.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:04 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,169,985 times
Oh...I commuted the 91 for 6 years...87 miles each way to work...I feel your pain....

Old 12-24-2009, 11:10 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,221,818 times
I gotta agree with NCM.. We braved the mall and were sort of reluctant when we saw how crowded it was... My wife and I were both amazed at how well everyone behaved.. Even with the crowds people were moving right along with no problems or blow ups.. The drivers were still polite and more than willing to wave you in and let you go in front of them... Compared to where Im from this is day and night...

In front of one store an elderly lady with a walker was crossing the parking lot and she dropped some stuff out of her bag. She obviously was going to have a problem picking the stuff up.. I was sitting there watching this and went to open the door and jump out to help, but before I could a lady who was loading her car ran over and picked up her things.... All the cars in both directions just waited patiently.. I asked if I could help her into her car but she said her son would be right out, and he was... Such a different atmoshpere for sure...

Old 12-24-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMMan View Post
Just to make you feel all Idahoey inside. I went to my in-laws in Bellflower today (CA) 27 miles from my house, 1 1/2 hours going, 2 hours coming back. And I don't remember seeing anyone polite. Although I was practicing my Idaho manners letting people cut in front of me to get on and off the Frwy. If I ever escape the 91 Frwy in Orange County I hope I never see it again.

Ooooh the dreaded 91 parking lot... It could be 3AM on Christmas day and it would be backed up...LOL..

Old 12-24-2009, 07:41 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,147,149 times
I gotta add this Idaho detail....my daughter and I were shopping for 12 kids aged 1-12, and needless to say we were getting confused keeping our kids/gifts straight. I asked a salesperson if she had a pen I could use, she ran off and returned with a pen, telling us "just return this to the sporting goods department." Well, we made it to the check out without stopping, and when we were leaving I gave the pen to the checker and asked her "would you please return this to the sporting goods department?" The funny part was in all seriousness she said she would and she never looked at me like I was crazy. And I am certain that pen made it back to where it came from.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:15 PM

291 posts, read 622,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
Oh...I commuted the 91 for 6 years...87 miles each way to work...I feel your pain....
Sage, that sounds like Moreno Valley to LAPD.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:16 AM

4,958 posts, read 16,995,056 times
Our shopping experience wasn't bad either considering how many places we went, either with the husband or with a friend of mine. And I love how my new LCD TV looks

Merry Christmas!!!

Old 12-25-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMMan View Post
Sage, that sounds like Moreno Valley to LAPD.
I lived about 20 miles from Mo Valley.. What a crappy place... The 60 would be the way to go from Mo Val to LA... The traffic is bad but not as bad as the 91..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls