U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 10:17 PM

287 posts, read 723,408 times

Advertisements

My husband is interviewing for a job in Idaho Falls this month. We currently live in southeast MN. The high temp yesterday was -3 so I know all about bitter winters. My biggest questions are about:

1) Schools- We have elementary through highschoolers. Are the schools adequately preparing kids for college in Idaho Falls? Any schools with challenging courses for 4.0 students? Which high school bands are the best? How far do you need to live from school to be bussed? How are the girls soccer teams?

2) Recreation- What is there to do? How far to ski resorts? How does skiing compare to Utah? (That's where we grew up.) Any boating nearby? How far to the Tetons?

3) Weather- When does spring arrive? How hot does it get in the summer?

4) Church- We're LDS but we enjoy diversity. Is there any of that?

5) Culture- Is there a bleach blonde Barbie image thing going on? Are there any interesting/stimulating educational or cultural events in the area? Music, theater, visiting performers, etc? Are there good dance studios for children?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions as we get closer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 07:14 AM

5,037 posts, read 17,123,534 times
1) Idaho Falls schools tend to have percentage that go on to college.

2) You can cross country ski right here in town at Freeman Park, for a short drive Heise offers skiing with lifts, not much farther is Grand Targhee (about 80 miles).

3) Spring, on the calendar or reality?? It can vary. Usually in May most things are in bloom, however we've seen snow in every month of the year.

4) We have both LDS and diversity.

5) Please check out the following post //www.city-data.com/forum/idaho...things-do.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls