Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2010, 10:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,670 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My wife, two young children and I are looking to relocate. We're ultimately looking for a place to settle down and raise our kids. Somewhere relatively quite, not overly crowded and with good school systems. We like nature and a little space, but can handle city life at times, too.

We're both Naturopathic Physicians, so licensed states like Idaho are therefore attractive.

Colorado is an option for us, but we're considering Idaho.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to different counties or sections of the state are more/less desirable?

Thanks so much in advance.

Be well,
Natural Docs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 11:14 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
As sparsely populated as Idaho is, you can settle just outside any city if you'd like and be in nature. Idaho Falls, Pocatello in the SE portion are two cities if you will, IF right around 50,000 population and I'm uncertain of Pocatello's current population. In South Central Idaho you have Twin Falls and of course western ID has Boise. Going north of course you have a choice up in the panhandle.

If you chose anyone of these and wanted to set practice in town versus at your home you could do so without being far at all.

Now is there a calling for services such as yours? The answer would be yes. I know for a fact SE Idaho is more diverse now than it was 20 years ago and back then we even had a Naturopathic Physician, he's still around and there has to be others, along of course with Reiki masters and others in natural healing. Around the corner from Idaho Falls the region even has a veterinarian who has a mobile service, she's trained in not only conventional, but holistic care as well.

Your choice might be with how much winter you'd wish to live with

Old 07-01-2010, 07:54 PM

8 posts, read 15,853 times
Boise is nice area and always growing...Couer Da'lene is nice too but not as much job market there..its about 30K people Spokane is close to CDA Oh and I am in MD and cant wait to get back to ID one day...people are so much nicer and traffic is nothing...

Old 10-01-2010, 07:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,373 times
Default North Central Idaho has alot to offer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Docs View Post
Hi,

My wife, two young children and I are looking to relocate. We're ultimately looking for a place to settle down and raise our kids. Somewhere relatively quite, not overly crowded and with good school systems. We like nature and a little space, but can handle city life at times, too.

We're both Naturopathic Physicians, so licensed states like Idaho are therefore attractive.

Colorado is an option for us, but we're considering Idaho.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to different counties or sections of the state are more/less desirable?

Thanks so much in advance.

Be well,
Natural Docs
Nezperce, Idaho, Clearwater and Lewis Counties make up most of North Central Idaho. For fun we have great rivers to fish and play in (Sallmon, Clearwater, and Snake) we have more that 12 Class 5 rapids if you like white water, on the Locsaw, or smaller rapids on the Salmon. We have ski ing, snowmobile trails in many area, lots of Wilderness areas. We have large city of Lewiston to small cities like Elk River in the Mountains, Ferdinand on the Prairie. Live in the country with neighbors or in the country where to see your neighbors you have to go looken for them.
All of the school are good, but of course some have more money than others so there are more things offered. That you will have to search out your self.
We have raised 2 of our own children, and have had many exchange students in our home and they all do not want to leave. It seems that after they see the world, they always come home. As for us we don'thave to go camping or travel more than an hour to be doing things,
We worked here in Idaho and now we are retired here, we have travel the states and there is no other place that JUST IS HOME.

hope that helps
gina

Old 10-02-2010, 11:53 AM

69 posts, read 155,805 times
Come to Sandpoint, in North Idaho. (Okay, my reasoning here is a liiiiiiiiittle selfish because we would LOVE to have a naturopathic practice in town!) It's a beautiful, safe, quiet place that's wonderfully family-oriented and kid-friendly, with endless things to do outdoors (and indoors, during the town's many festivals and activities) all year 'round. We moved here from rural upstate NY to raise our children and enjoy all that Idaho has to offer, and although we've been only been here for a few months, it just feels like home. The people here make this state as friendly and hardworking as it is lovely; really, I can't say enough kind things about North Idaho and Idahoans in general. We do love winter, snow, and cold temperatures though--and I understand the winters up here can get a little long and a little snowy and a little cold if you're not much of a winter person. But if you're considering Colorado, maybe you won't mind so much.

As far as a demand for your services goes, I'm sure you'd want to do your own research, but it seems to me that there's a huge natural health/alternative health community up here. Midwifery and home-birthing are commonplace (Pend Oreille Midwifery just opened a new freestanding birth center on Pine!), along with holistic medicine and homeopathy. I suspect that a couple of good naturopaths would fit right in.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:38 PM

100 posts, read 233,420 times
I would recommend a look at Coeur D' Alene or Boise/Eagle/Emmett area. Both areas are generally family oriented with outdoor activities ike hunting, camping, hiking, boating, and fishing. It is greener and more scenic in Northern Idaho, but the Boise area has milder winters. I can't speak to the need for naturopathic physicians. Come visit and see for yourself! Personally, having visited your state, I think you might like Northern Idaho the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho