Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 01:08 PM

382 posts, read 1,033,195 times

Advertisements

A lot of people think that just because the compound is gone that the people that used to go there have left. They have not. And they still live around here. Every once and awhile I will see someone in Hayden wearing a jacket with the Aryan Nations patch. They are around and only a fool would think that they are not around hayden any longer. I saw a guy this summer driving in a Subaru with a swastika flag around hayden lake. Been awhile since I had seen anything like that I said to myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 01:10 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,876,119 times
These people keep getting legally run out of town by their appalled neighbors and communities.

More and more and it becomes a pattern....

Just saying.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:01 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
These people keep getting legally run out of town by their appalled neighbors and communities.

More and more and it becomes a pattern....

Just saying.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:20 PM

The pattern is more and more people move to CDA and are pushing everyone out. People find the things that they do not like and they either leave or kick out the ones they find as undesirable. This pppace used to be live and let live. It's not like that anymore.. Just saying..

Old 12-04-2010, 04:29 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,227,171 times
I served 22 years in the military. Traveled 16 countries and 46 states.

The most hostile racist place I have ever been is in Idaho. Just sayin'

Old 12-05-2010, 07:32 AM

Idaho the most hostile place? That's funny... Evidently you have never been here...

Old 12-05-2010, 08:21 AM

1,568 posts, read 3,227,171 times
Ejay- Actually, home for military leaves...and lived there from 2005-2009. Your state is full of racists...overt and covert. They hate blacks, hispanics, and even have a problem with fellow Americans moving in. Your cultish Morman fanatics and the White Seperatists...as well as the Obama hating--tin foil conspiracy freaks are all over the place.

Beautiful geography...but the people? Sorry.....ah...Flintstones and Bedrock comes to mind.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:05 AM

66 posts, read 150,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
I served 22 years in the military. Traveled 16 countries and 46 states.

The most hostile racist place I have ever been is in Idaho. Just sayin'
Apparently you've never been to places like South Central Los Angeles, Camden NJ, Gary IN, or Detroit MI.

Just sayin'

Old 12-05-2010, 10:18 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
Ejay- Actually, home for military leaves...and lived there from 2005-2009. Your state is full of racists...overt and covert. They hate blacks, hispanics, and even have a problem with fellow Americans moving in. Your cultish Morman fanatics and the White Seperatists...as well as the Obama hating--tin foil conspiracy freaks are all over the place.

Beautiful geography...but the people? Sorry.....ah...Flintstones and Bedrock comes to mind.
Absolutely true.

Most of it isn't overt racism, but stuff you find in jokes or offhand comments.

Something wrong in the world... it's the blacks/Muslims/hispanics/illegals fault. Wanna hear a joke? Prepare for a racist punchline.

I've lived here my entire life, and it's just the way it is. At least let's be honest about it. We're doing no one a favor by pretending this isn't the case.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:55 AM

I agree I have heard off handed jokes about race in Idaho. I have also heard off handed jokes by Native Americans about the white man. And I have heard those jokes told by other races about other races. Every race does it. It's part of being in the group. Like when two opposing teams beat the crap out of one another. There are people of different color attacking each other at sporting events all the time. I don't see any racism there just teamism. To me it's the same thing. Birds of a feather ya know. Of course I am a racist because I was brought up with only white people. And there is no way that I could accept another color because I have never been around any. That seems to be the argument. Can I say the same about a colored man that has only been around his own kind? Is he not a racist too? Because he only lives around his own kind?

What if he was taught that everyone in the world has value? That was what I was taught in Idaho as a child. It was only when I moved to California that I was even called a Racist for being white. It never occurred to me that I was one before then. I thought that we were all created equal. All the same. I don't care who you are or what your about just don't do harm and we don't have a problem. Do unto others.

If this guy in Hayden is a racist. How are you going to convince him to change his ways? You going to kill him? What does that make you in the end? So how do you handle these types of people? You show them the way. You lead by example. Calling and labeling a person is just asking for trouble. It's a way to keep an argument going. To keep the resentment at the front. So you can project your anger onto an undeserving world. I wrote this in my blog today and I think it has to do perfectly with this situation.

"I find it interesting that in war we support the winner. Or the perceived winner. The only way to win a war is to be more brutal than the next guy making the other submit. So how is that winning? The person who lost is going to remember his treatment by you. And when it's his time he will attack you again. To me it seems like a vicious cycle that has never ended. War has become natural and normal. A natural response made by man in response to another mans actions. Maybe those actions are out of ignorance? Or fear. Who knows. All I know is that a lot of innocent people die because of it. I am sure it has to do with natural selection. But I also wonder if it is mostly just man made?

War rarely ever changes anything in the end. The same resentments and problems still exist. Now there are less people to spread them around. Any emotion that leads to anger can be seen as a negative one if not properly thought out and understood. Instead of being a reactionary beast we should be a thinking and feeling human. Why does race or color matter? Why do people have to react so negatively towards one another. Why do we project those fears on to others who do not deserve them. It's as if we look for people to do these things too. Always justifying the means to an end. I see too many people running around placing blame on hurt feelings. Those feelings only belong to you. And another person has no way of knowing anything that has happened to you. And should they? Would you really want to explain to every single person your entire past history? Of course not. So it's best to listen and accept people in every moment. Even their bad ones.

I understand what Love means. It means that you respect another person in a way that no matter what they do you never lose that respect because you understand that they are always doing their best. Even if you think it is their worst. Its acceptance of their whole being. Not just the parts you want to use. All of them. It's who they are. What if you loved yourself enough to let others be themselves? How would you look at them? What would you feel for them?

I feel that we all have a right to be here. Through natural selection we are all products of millions of years of life on Earth. How can another man be less than you. His dna has walked the same road as your own. We are all brothers and sisters of dna. It's our thinking that destroys us all....
"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho