Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2007, 06:44 PM

140 posts, read 489,641 times

Advertisements

Hello, my name is Carl and I'm a single father of one child. I am moving to Meridian in August and am interested in any information regarding the adoption process in Idaho.
My daughter and I have discussed this issue at length. We have room in our hearts and home for another child. I would be grateful to anyone that could offer advice and perhaps share their experience with this process. We would not be opposed to Fostering a child either, I just don't know if we could handle losing him or her after growing attached. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 11:20 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,766,227 times
Smile No advice to share, but I do have a website of a local agency

Channel 7 news anchor Dee Sarton does a weekly news feature on children that need adoption and I am posting the link to the website:

Idaho Wednesday's Child (http://www.idahowednesdayschild.org/misc.php?id=homestudy - broken link)

Best wishes on your move to Idaho Carl ! I remember that you were trying to sell your home in Northern CA for the longest time and move here. I assume since you are coming in August, that you finally sold your home. Great for you if you did, as it has definitely been a tough real estate market the last 2 yrs !!

Have you also found work here in ID? Are you buying in Meridian or renting till you get a feel for the area? I remember reading that you came up to look around in late June/early July, but do not recall if you posted how things turned out.

Anyways, I wish you the best and hopefully someone else will post some additional information for you regarding adoption. And I'm sure you and your daughter will love it here in Boise ! I know that I do!!!

Regards,

HDL

Old 07-29-2007, 06:15 PM

396 posts, read 1,625,176 times
Idaho Youth Ranch

This may be a good link for you. Some friends of ours had a very positive experience with this agency. There is also a very large agency that specializes in foreign adoption called Cassi. Other friends used them for a Chinese adoption. Good luck.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:07 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,389,878 times
Hi Carl. We live in Idaho but our daughter was born in Utah. You go by the laws in the birthmother's state, so Idaho's laws didn't have much to do with it. There are not many birthmother's in Idaho. If you are open to any race, either sex etc. you may do ok. Most birthmother's tend to be in the more populated Boise area. If you are not really open you will likely end up adopting a baby from another state or have a long wait in Idaho. These are the adoption agencies in Idaho, most centered in the Boise/Caldwell area. CASI, Northwest Adoption Exchange, Lutheran Social Services, Idaho Youth Ranch, Casey Family Services, New Hope Child and Family Agency, and LDSFS (you must be LDS to adopt thru them). There is always the option of getting your homestudy done thru an agency but trying to adopt privately or through a facilitator, but that is another story. You can adopt out of the country as mentioned. People adopt through many countries such as China, Russia, Korea, Romania, Marshall Islands, Ethiopia, all over. Adoption overseas used to be the most expensive way to adopt, but anymore it tends to be domestic adoption that is more expensive. If you adopt overseas you will not get a newborn as in US domestic adoption. Most children tends to be 6 mos. and up. Adoption through fostercare is a whole different matter. You always risk losing a child you have had in your home when it/they are sent back to their parents by court order. It can be heartbreaking. On the other hand these are children that really need help and love and if you are successful it costs nearly nothing to adopt that way. Good luck to you!

Old 08-22-2007, 10:53 PM

303 posts, read 1,006,782 times
Romania no longer permits international adoptions.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 3,327 times
Brokencrayola - we are interested in adopting but we are not worried about race, age, gender, except we would prefer a child 7 or under because we have a 7 year old that wants to be a big brother but we are open to older kids also. You had stated that you go by the laws of the birth mother's state, so I am wondering if the adoption is also finalized in the birth mother's state, or in the case of an older child the state in which the child resides? I am just curios.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Erica

Old 01-16-2009, 11:58 AM

215 posts, read 785,661 times
Hi Carl, I have a website you can look at that may help you with the adoption process..hope this helps! IDAHO ADOPTION
Let me know if I can get you anymore information! Take Care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho