Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 09:48 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,094,787 times

Advertisements

<MOD CUT: INFLAMMATORY>

48th in VALUE. That's all your link is saying. Meaning that it offers the most bang for its buck, comparatively. Most private schools won't be on that list, for two reasons - private schools are generally really expensive, and I think Kiplinger's actually separates between public and private.

At any rate, it didn't even make this year's list: Kiplinger's Best Values in Public Colleges Results - Kiplinger.com (http://www.kiplinger.com/tools/colleges/pubcollege.php?sortby=INRANK04&orderby=flip&states %5B%5D=ALL&myschool%5B%5D=none&outputby=table - broken link)

And I have no inferiority complex, bud. I've even admitted that its a fine state university. But I have no distortions about just how good it is (and it really isn't) nationally, which you seem to have. You're being a bit disingenuous here, aren't you? You are purposefully mischaracterizing a ranking of your school (much like I did earlier with my analogy to BSU and their football ranking) by not fully disclosing exactly how they're ranked. They're ranked 48th just as BSU is ranked 5th. Don't worry about asking in what.

Just for curiosity:
Master's Universities - USNews.com: America's Best Colleges 2007: Universities-Master's (West): Top Schools

National Universities Third Tier - USNews.com: America's Best Colleges 2007: National Universities: Tier 3

National Universities Top 125 Schools - USNews.com: America's Best Colleges 2007: National Universities: Top Schools

Last edited by Sage of Sagle; 08-12-2007 at 11:51 PM..

Old 08-12-2007, 11:08 PM

4 posts, read 13,052 times
Just for curiosity:
Master's Universities - USNews.com: America's Best Colleges 2007: Universities-Master's (West): Top Schools

Respectable peers:
California State U.—Northridge *
California State Univ.—Bakersfield 1 *
California State University—San Marcos *
Chaminade Univ. of Honolulu
Concordia University(OR)
Eastern New Mexico University *
Hawaii Pacific University
Holy Names University(CA)
La Sierra University(CA)
Marylhurst University(OR)
ETC........

National Universities Third Tier - USNews.com: America's Best Colleges 2007: National Universities: Tier 3

Of course I would rather be ranked with those in Idaho's class:

> Arizona State University
> DePaul
> Oregon State
> Seton Hall
> University of Hawaii
> Texas Tech
> University of Texas

Funny how all of your arguements have not seem to sway Movin08 to consider bsu. Maybe another time.

Once again Movin08 please circle back after your campus visits and please let us know what your daughter's thougts are. If your daughter is considering majoring in business please let me know and I could arrange a personal tour of the JA Albertsons Business Building. This building is state of the are in its design for instuctors as well as student work-groups. Not to mention that each business student is issued a laptop that they use for class and projects. I think that these laptops are for upper level bus. majors, however the bus. department can clarify.

Good Luck.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:56 PM

Dude, red herring. Look it up.

Because you're committing a shining example of that fallacy. You keep shifting the focus from the point at hand.

I've already conceded many times that the decision between Idaho and BSU (which I introduced, not the OP) was one of preference between experiences. I even conceded that "Idaho may be the better school academically in general." My intent was to remark upon the quality of life up there that I've heard ad nauseum from those who have experienced it first-hand, and to describe what I consider to be the swinging up the pendulum between the two universities. Enter the barrage of Vandal grads and their usual refrain.

And that's fine. We can all have that argument, and we have. But you in particular are sidestepping many of the points I've brought up in more recent posts, and you're doing a particularly shallow job of proving whatever point you're trying to make.

Which is?

Last edited by Anchorless; 08-13-2007 at 12:07 AM..

Old 08-13-2007, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalGrad View Post
Just for curiosity:

Of course I would rather be ranked with those in Idaho's class:

> Arizona State University
> DePaul
> Oregon State
> Seton Hall
> University of Hawaii
> Texas Tech
> University of Texas

Funny how all of your arguements have not seem to sway Movin08 to consider bsu. Maybe another time.
[MOD CUT]

You listed the University of Texas as a peer school to Idaho. Which is great - UT is a great, great university.

The only problem is that the university listed is The University of Texas, Dallas. Funny that you'd omit that part when you made your post. Why?

Also, that listed you just provided isn't quite the list of peers you mentioned earlier - where's U-Dub, or Berkeley, or UCLA, or The Ohio State University, or U-Wisconsin?

So yeah - your school really is listed among a more enviable peer group of school (those being National Schools) than Boise State (those being Master's Schools). You don't even have to obfuscate the issue to make whatever small point you're trying to make (which is a non-issue anyway, because of the difference in institutions), but for some reason you do.

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Sage of Sagle; 08-13-2007 at 01:36 AM.. Reason: Just knock it off already...

Old 08-13-2007, 01:35 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
I think any relevant information has been shared, pro & con...this thread has outlived its usefulness and has now turned into a sandbox war, thus it is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho