Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 09:02 PM

11 posts, read 21,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
(From the judge) - - “It is abhorrent to this court, as it would be to any other court, that a man can be sentenced to twenty-five years for second-degree murder based primarily on the false testimony of a trooper of this state.”

Wow...not saying Ellington is innocent, mind you...but this type of misbehavior would get land you in such a world of hurt in big city law enforcement...and send a wave of appeals from anyone that had been convicted heavily on that officer's testimony.

Unfortunately, I have to admit I've been severely disappointed with the quality of law enforcement personnel I've seen up here so far.

Since I'm a Oregon retired deputy sheriff and plan on relocating to the Sandpoint area, could you be a little more specific?
Already someone has compared Law Enforcement in the northern Idaho area to the Militia .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 03:35 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkandeputy View Post
Since I'm a Oregon retired deputy sheriff and plan on relocating to the Sandpoint area, could you be a little more specific?
Already someone has compared Law Enforcement in the northern Idaho area to the Militia .
Sage has taken a break from City Data, so he probably won't reply to you. Noe of us regulars have heard from him for quite a while.
Never the less, I always take Sage's observations to be accurate and to be true. If he says the law enforcement quality is poor, take him for his word. I'm sure that as a former cop, you would know more about his thought than the rest of us would understand.

Your mention of the militia is also non-specific.
We do have a former cop as a member who announced he was a member of the Oath Keepers who hasn't posted for a long time. The Oath Keepers have been labeled as a militia, but their own beliefs of what the organization is or not may disagree.
For a fact, the organization was a presence in the Malheur Refuge incident and the earlier one in Bunkerville, Nevada.

But we have other retired peace officers here, so someone may reply with specifics. Prepared to be patient. The number of regulars in this forum is relatively small, but there are a lot of members who check it out once in a while and offer replies.

But for another fact, a lot of retired police live everywhere in the panhandle. I'm completely sure Sandpoint has it's share of them.

Last edited by banjomike; 06-15-2016 at 03:46 PM..

Old 06-15-2016, 06:11 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,611,349 times
Banjo, clearly THE best reasons to move NID. That & like-minded patriot folk, sweetens the pot. No better Founding Dad's land still left in US, period. Excellent eval of the area.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:57 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Sage has taken a break from City Data, so he probably won't reply to you. Noe of us regulars have heard from him for quite a while.
Never the less, I always take Sage's observations to be accurate and to be true. If he says the law enforcement quality is poor, take him for his word. I'm sure that as a former cop, you would know more about his thought than the rest of us would understand.

Your mention of the militia is also non-specific.
We do have a former cop as a member who announced he was a member of the Oath Keepers who hasn't posted for a long time. The Oath Keepers have been labeled as a militia, but their own beliefs of what the organization is or not may disagree.
For a fact, the organization was a presence in the Malheur Refuge incident and the earlier one in Bunkerville, Nevada.

But we have other retired peace officers here, so someone may reply with specifics. Prepared to be patient. The number of regulars in this forum is relatively small, but there are a lot of members who check it out once in a while and offer replies.

But for another fact, a lot of retired police live everywhere in the panhandle. I'm completely sure Sandpoint has it's share of them.
And just to add on to BM's post...Sage is former LEO from LA I believe. And as level headed as they come.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:18 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,898,263 times
GOP Leadership Blasts Rep. Ron Nate's Secret Recording of Fellow Republican | Unda' the Rotunda | Boise Weekly

GOP Leadership Blasts Rep. Ron Nate's Secret Recording of Fellow Republican

An eastern Idaho lawmaker is defending his secret recording of a conversation he had with a fellow Republican lawmaker, writing on his Facebook that there has been "too much lying and cheating" at the Idaho Statehouse, adding, "We are in a battle for our liberty."

Old 06-16-2016, 12:18 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
GOP Leadership Blasts Rep. Ron Nate's Secret Recording of Fellow Republican | Unda' the Rotunda | Boise Weekly

GOP Leadership Blasts Rep. Ron Nate's Secret Recording of Fellow Republican

An eastern Idaho lawmaker is defending his secret recording of a conversation he had with a fellow Republican lawmaker, writing on his Facebook that there has been "too much lying and cheating" at the Idaho Statehouse, adding, "We are in a battle for our liberty."
Things are crazy down here at the moment. Nate is only one of the guys who's playing Secret Squirrel games. There's a big fight going on for control of the State Republican party, and Nate and a few others in Bonneville county are trying to catch leaders in the party and in the state govt. making statements in private they can use against them in public.

The tomfoolery keeps blowing up in their faces. Come next session, if Nate wins again, he'll be the chairman of the state outhouse committee or something. The leadership is never going to put him in any position where he as any power at all again.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:27 AM

742 posts, read 1,128,824 times
The inmates are running the asylum.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:07 PM

212 posts, read 308,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
And just to add on to BM's post...Sage is former LEO from LA I believe. And as level headed as they come.
Sage was a LA County deputy. Sage and I have discussed the LE community of NID privately but I can tell you his criticism is largely directed at the lower quality training and lack of experience up here vs. the big city departments from which Sage and I came. These deficiencies result is poor officer safety skills.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:14 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,611,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Publius4 View Post
Sage was a LA County deputy. Sage and I have discussed the LE community of NID privately but I can tell you his criticism is largely directed at the lower quality training and lack of experience up here vs. the big city departments from which Sage and I came. These deficiencies result is poor officer safety skills.
True that, Publi, as that's why this becomes a predicament. So even tho these areas/states claim to "adhere" to the issues at hand, the prep is lackluster or... lack thereof period, thus making for a tougher time for citizens. But like-minded folk seem to band together & so may actually be able to handle their own problems but it'd sure help if LE would be there to backup or, rather than citizens, would be able to allow citizenry then to backup (on homefronts/personal protection/home D) LE in times that seemingly this country is headed for.

Why I feel this secenario is all too possibly real I know not but my gut says beware, as the current admin -- & even anyone in future admins in DC -- will not really change the insanity that this nation seems to have aligned itself, w/ these unreal & ridiculous political agendas of "saving the world" while leaving vulnerable the folks who truly earn the right to even be HERE in the 1st place. Again, do the math & anyone can see we're not heading anywhere near sanity, let alone progress.

Over n out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho