Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2019, 11:32 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,011,522 times

Advertisements

I think it's pretty hard to build a single family home for that price/square foot, even at the $150/sq ft price point for the smallest size. There has to be some savings from not having to build any sort of foundation or external structure.

I too wonder about using flat roofed structures in snow country. You'd be surprised, but the load capacity on the flat roof of these containers is not really very high. They are designed so that when they stack them the weight is carried at the corners and mid points along the long walls, and not on the flat roof itself.

Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 01:34 PM

820 posts, read 1,739,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
I think it's pretty hard to build a single family home for that price/square foot, even at the $150/sq ft price point for the smallest size. There has to be some savings from not having to build any sort of foundation or external structure.

I too wonder about using flat roofed structures in snow country. You'd be surprised, but the load capacity on the flat roof of these containers is not really very high. They are designed so that when they stack them the weight is carried at the corners and mid points along the long walls, and not on the flat roof itself.

Dave
If you include price of land and hookups/permits for city it would be close to 200k, based on Kootenai County prices, which would translate to $204 sqft. Thats steep for entry level.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:26 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,898,263 times
https://www.idahopress.com/news/loca...c183fba0d.html
Quote:
Idaho's Hispanic population, economic impact continues to grow

Idaho’s Hispanic population continues to grow across the state, according to new data from the Idaho Department of Labor.

The Idaho Department of Labor’s analysis of U.S. Census data estimates Idaho’s Hispanic population has increased 23.5 percent since 2010, growing to a total of 218,627 people.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:55 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,898,263 times
https://www.idahopress.com/eyeonbois...658228e2c.html

Reclaim Idaho applauds court decision, says 'the sideshow is over'

Reclaim Idaho, the group that spearheaded the Medicaid expansion initiative, praised the Idaho Supreme Court ruling upholding it today; the court rejected a constitutional challenge from the Idaho Freedom Foundation to the voter-passed initiative. “We applaud today’s decision by the court and look forward to seeing Medicaid Expansion implemented in Idaho the way the voters chose,” said Emily Strizich, Reclaim Idaho co-founder and a pediatric occupational therapist from North Idaho. “Now that the sideshow is over, we can get back to fulfilling the will of the people of Idaho.”

Old 02-07-2019, 10:02 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post

Reclaim Idaho, the group that spearheaded the Medicaid expansion initiative, praised the Idaho Supreme Court ruling upholding it today; the court rejected a constitutional challenge from the Idaho Freedom Foundation to the voter-passed initiative. “We applaud today’s decision by the court and look forward to seeing Medicaid Expansion implemented in Idaho the way the voters chose,” said Emily Strizich, Reclaim Idaho co-founder and a pediatric occupational therapist from North Idaho. “Now that the sideshow is over, we can get back to fulfilling the will of the people of Idaho.”
Excellent news!

Old 02-08-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post

Really sad news for everyone that understands the true reasons why medical care costs continue to escalate at double digit rates.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:09 AM

Very sad. Massive fire on First St. in Sandpoint.

https://www.kxly.com/news/four-sandp...far/1011865779

Old 02-11-2019, 11:31 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,666,226 times
I was looking fo news about the fire in the Bonner Ct Daily Bee, but they haven't posted anything yet. However, I did find this news item from Clark Fork:

https://www.bonnercountydailybee.com...ensen_break-in

A woman broke into Viggo Mortensen's Clark Fork home in 2017, but the hearing has been postponed until now:

Quote:
The caretaker of Mortensen’s home told deputies in May 2017 that he left the property and was gone all day. Upon his return, he discovered smashed up dinnerware, overturned furniture and missing property. Two .22-caliber rifles, a 12-gauge shotgun, 25 pocketknives, 20 antler sheds, four whitetail deer skulls and other property were reportedly taken, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I was looking fo news about the fire in the Bonner Ct Daily Bee, but they haven't posted anything yet. However, I did find this news item from Clark Fork:

https://www.bonnercountydailybee.com...ensen_break-in

A woman broke into Viggo Mortensen's Clark Fork home in 2017, but the hearing has been postponed until now:
I did see that.

Have I ever mentioned my husband meeting Virgo Mortenson?
He was introduced to him by am acquaintance in common years ago and when he came home asked me if I had ever heard of someone named Biggo. Uh...yeah, hun.

Said he was a nice enough guy. Quietish and polite.

Aragorn....<3

Old 02-12-2019, 09:56 AM

Another article from the Spokesman today: Multiple businesses destroyed in downtown Sandpoint fire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho