Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2014, 07:37 AM

159 posts, read 354,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I hope Sage chimes in and gives his take on this. From where I sit, the benefit of the doubt goes to the officer.

The owner says....

"If my dog is barking and wondering who's peering through the windows, he doesn't care if you're a cop, an attorney, or President Bush. He doesn't know any different,"
Read more: Idaho cop shoots, kills adorable black Lab named Arfee after mistaking him for aggressive pit bull - NY Daily News

By the same token, when an officer doing the duty we ask of him is threatened by a lunging aggressive animal, he doesn't care - cannot care - whose "best buddy" it is.
The dog was contained in the vehicle, the officer shot through the window to kill this innocent dog. If he keeps his job I will have lost all respect for a police department that would want this officer on their force. The aftermath was also extremely shocking. No attempt was made to find the owner of the dog even though he was parked in the parking lot of a coffee shop. The police officer with support from fellow officers took the dead dog and left the owner to find his vehicle shot up and full of his dog's blood. Horrifying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 09:06 AM

551 posts, read 803,653 times
With the facts written in the article, it seems the LEO or any bystanders were not in any danger since the dog was in the van and couldn't get out. I can't see the rationale for shooting the dog just for barking. And it looks like the bullet went though the other window and could have hurt someone.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:47 PM

29,214 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Uh, oh…
just now, Pocatello got a flash flood warning. I'm listening to it as I type.
They got over 3 feet in a flash flood last summer in one, and a second, less high, a week later.

The weather is getting screwy. I can only remember 2 previous flash floods over a 40 year span. getting 2 in a year is nuts.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:21 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,836,715 times
Further discussion of the dog shooting incident has been moved here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/idaho...e-officer.html

Let's get back to further Idaho News stories...

Old 07-17-2014, 08:53 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,896,892 times
America's infatuation with reality TV has gone too far lol. He could have at least worn a clean shirt.

Coming Soon to a Reality TV Show Near You: Harley Brown | Brown has inked an exclusive talent agreement with Los Angeles-based Mad Jack Entertainment. | Unda' the Rotunda | Boise Weekly

Coming Soon to a Reality TV Show Near You: Harley Brown
Brown has inked an exclusive talent agreement with Los Angeles-based Mad Jack Entertainment.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:34 PM

29,214 posts, read 22,351,209 times
I hope he puts on a clean shirt! That one looks pretty nasty.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:14 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,836,715 times
Default Woman shot by Sandpoint PD was threatening officers

Woman shot by police was 'erratic, aggressive' - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News

She had a previous history of violence (with a knife), and the chronology shows that from when officers arrived they had less than 60 seconds before being confronted with an aggressive person with a knife.

And just so we're clear...no, you don't "taser" someone who has a knife, any more than you'd "bring a knife to a gunfight". The use of force continuum for law enforcement meets deadly force with deadly force. Had TIME PERMITTED there would have been the possibility of deploying a bean-bag round to subdue her, but a knife-wielding person can traverse 20 feet in about 2 seconds and stab you before going down. If they are not stationary, your options as an officer become EXTREMELY limited almost immediately upon your arrival, and the most likely scenario with an aggressive mobile armed person is the unfortunate potential for deadly force because you cannot let an armed person approach you OR anyone else. People who suggest all these things that the "trigger happy cops should have done" have ZERO clue of how fast and ugly a violent confrontation actually goes down.

I am not making blind commentary here, since I've been in this situation myself in my career. And the hateful venom spewed by people on the Sandpoint facebook pages just after the shooting wishing harm on the officers involved with no other information was just shocking to me.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:38 PM

274 posts, read 471,759 times
Very well said, Sage.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:41 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,740,786 times
No more Panhandle State Bank:

Intermountain Community Bank merges with Washington-based bank | Banking and Finance | Idahostatesman.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho