Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2011, 04:47 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times

Advertisements

I wish I could read The Bee! My 16 year old went wild downloading music videos on youtube and blew our bandwidth. Now everything takes a million years to get and something like the Bee just times out.
What I'd give for real internet service! Hopefully POVN can help us out when they come next week to do a site check. I'd like to shoot my WildBllue satellite dish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 05:10 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
I wish I could read The Bee! My 16 year old went wild downloading music videos on youtube and blew our bandwidth. Now everything takes a million years to get and something like the Bee just times out.
What I'd give for real internet service! Hopefully POVN can help us out when they come next week to do a site check. I'd like to shoot my WildBllue satellite dish.
It's ironic, isn't it--here I am, 1300+ miles away, and I get instant Bee info... good luck with POVN, we'll probably be using them in Clark Fork!

Here's a nice little write-up about the Naples General Store:
The River Journal - Naples General Store

Old 09-11-2011, 11:57 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Yup, here's the story:
ITD suspending overnight plowing - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News: sandpoint, bonner county, idaho transportation department, highway 95, interstate 90

Only I-90 and areas around CdA and Hayden will be plowed at night. Sounds like everyone else better get to where they're going early in the evening when it snows!
Whoa....
I don't think folks are gonna be happy with that! School busses start rolling around 6 am, and a lot of folks are commuting to work by that hour. I'll bet the plows will come out earlier than 6 after the complaints begin.d

Down here in the south, a big storm most often has wind with it and roads here drift in quickly. I'll bet the plowing budgets are bigger down here.

Back in the day, my Dad often talked about the winter of 1948. It took 2 weeks for him and my Grandfather to dig the the farm road to the main road out with snowshovels. My old man loved him some snowblowers- he never wanted to repeat '48!

Old 09-11-2011, 10:17 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
Well...I have found a few times I've had to plow Dufort all the way to Highway 95...I read this thinking I need to be ready to do it more often late at night when my family members are needing to return from CDA in a big storm...

Old 09-12-2011, 04:52 PM

22 posts, read 42,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
http://media.idahostatesman.com/smedia/2011/09/08/10/31/WFkkO.St.36.JPG (broken link)

Idaho Fish and Game District Conservation Officer Bill London with the juvenile mountain lion shot and killed by an Ada County Sheriff's deputy early Tuesday morning. The deputy did the right thing because it appears the mountain lion was becoming "habituated" to an urban area, London said.
To me it seems that as humans take over territory of wild animals there will be over population of these animals at different times, Deer and some others are easier to tolerate there routine invasion into our yards and parks.

Wildcats are territorial. They do not share space with their parents or other cats.. they must have their own territory. As territory decreases due to humans moving in this will happen. This type of animal needs to be hunted to keep the balance when they start to overpopulate territories.. It will either be your little kid or dog or them. your choice.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:11 PM

103 posts, read 310,724 times
honestly i am Ok with not plowing at night. North idaho has a lot of really bad drivers that need to stay off the roads in bad conditions studs and siping doesn't make you a super driver. I drive a lot at night and actually prefer not to have to deal with people. The moose are enought for me

Old 09-14-2011, 01:19 PM

103 posts, read 310,724 times
The animals where here first as you suburbize the area the animals loose places to go. I have lots of animals at my house to feed and the deer,bear etc don't bother me. If you look at the panhandle 10 years ago vs today it has really changed thos so has the wildlife. Maybe its just me but may be they need to stop building everywhere and let the eco catch up with the people.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:49 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
I read a story this morning in the New York Times that stated that Idaho has the slowest internet speeds in the US. I would put up a link but my internet is too slow to load the NYT site and keeps timing out. I'm wondering if my daughter exceeded the entire STATES bandwidth! LOL...

In case you're wondering, Pocotello was listed as the slowest town (internet speed-wise) in the slowest state. They don't call it Pokey for nothing!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:00 AM

Hey you guys around Sagle/Cocalalla, keep an eye out for a big white "dog"--it could be a hand-raised wolf escaped from Wolf People, and it isn't afraid of people:
Captive wolf on the lam - Spokesman.com - Sept. 15, 2011

A little fishy--they reported the wolf dead, not escaped, and now they won't comment...

Our own dog is big and white and looks like a wolf, but we're not in the area these days

Last edited by Clark Fork Fantast; 09-15-2011 at 09:51 AM..

Old 09-16-2011, 09:14 AM

Those of you in Bonner/Kootenai CT who may have been worrying about the Granite Hill gravel pit going in, worry no more: The P&Z listened to the neighbors' concerns.

P&Z rules against Granite Hill gravel pit - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News: sandpoint, bonner county, planning & zoning commission, kootenai county, knife river corporation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho