Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 08:54 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
You guys are overcivilized in the Doof--out in Clark Fork we were entertained by wolves howling at night (no, they weren't coyotes! a neighbor took a picture of one of them) and a cougar and a black bear apparently took turns watching us from the trees...our own trees! Yikes!
Sounds appealing....could use a wolf pelt on the wall! "The Doof" is just getting too civilized and crowded. Saw smoke from someone elses fireplace just the other day.... (Old Daniel Boone reference).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 11:06 AM

356 posts, read 520,480 times
Aww, man!! I voted for a house on Dufort, but the man unit overruled me and we bought north of Sandpoint. And I've now lost the opportunity to be forever known as a "Doofus." Sigh.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:17 AM

7 posts, read 15,021 times
Info on highspeed internet connection.....Airpipe Wired or Wireless (WOW ... on Larch by Super One Grocery) has great connection speed, incredible service and prices are great. Company is located in Spokane and run/staffed by IT and EE trained techs. We've been VERY HAPPY.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:15 PM

356 posts, read 520,480 times
Re: WOW

Beware, though, it's quite a bit more expensive than others.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:32 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,838,848 times
It's all relative. I bit the bullet and did a T1 line here since I'm out of range from any of the local broadband providers but I need good speeds...

Old 09-09-2011, 08:19 PM

8 posts, read 20,358 times
Thanks Sage, Clark Fork, and all. Going to use your advise and really plan out where to put the foundation. The property is hillside but has about 3/4 acre of flat/ slightly sloping home site that is very open and sunny. It faces east to a view of Priest River .... so need the back of house to face east to see the view. The builder is also a civil engineer and seems to be very knowledgeable about local land terrain, etc. We built our current house with no problems so hope this time goes smooth as well.
Planning on plenty of snow toys and love the outdoors..... great suggestion about the mud room
and looking forward to scheduling a visit for this winter! Thanks again.... SammieSue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho