Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 08:43 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Wow, somehow Clark Fork and Viggo have ended up being hot-button issues here! I don't think I, or anyone, in this thread ever claimed that CF was a scintillating center of sophistication...I like it the way it is: a great bakery, 2-3 eateries, a gun shop, two gas stations, a library, a small market, a high school, and hiking trails galore up into the Cabinets as well as the Coeur d'Alenes/Green Monarchs. I don't think anyone chooses CF for its architectural standards or its night life! Although there are beautiful homes along the river. The main drag is just small-town NW, not a Wallace. But just south of there is the bridge over the river, and standing on that bridge at sunset (or any time) is one of the most profound experiences of natural beauty in the entire NW...but if one wants a hopping place, CF shouldn't be on one's radar! (And yes, NWPeach, CF is a "very small town" according to CDF! It's got a City Hall! A little building on a side street )

As for Viggo, we haven't met him, and aren't really making any plans for it happening . I have no idea if he is friendly or stuck-up, I just like his screen presence.
I like his chin...and how he played Aragorn. All of his other roles....meh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 10:06 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Wow, somehow Clark Fork and Viggo have ended up being hot-button issues here! I don't think I, or anyone, in this thread ever claimed that CF was a scintillating center of sophistication...I like it the way it is: a great bakery, 2-3 eateries, a gun shop, two gas stations, a library, a small market, a high school, and hiking trails galore up into the Cabinets as well as the Coeur d'Alenes/Green Monarchs. I don't think anyone chooses CF for its architectural standards or its night life! Although there are beautiful homes along the river. The main drag is just small-town NW, not a Wallace. But just south of there is the bridge over the river, and standing on that bridge at sunset (or any time) is one of the most profound experiences of natural beauty in the entire NW...but if one wants a hopping place, CF shouldn't be on one's radar! (And yes, NWPeach, CF is a "very small town" according to CDF! It's got a City Hall! A little building on a side street )

As for Viggo, we haven't met him, and aren't really making any plans for it happening . I have no idea if he is friendly or stuck-up, I just like his screen presence.
Clark Fork, In that poster's defense I believe it was a matter of opinion on the "small town" boringness, nothing against CF personally.

For some the great outdoors is not like a theater and McDonald's down the road and for the youth it can make them feel isolated. I was lucky my kids love the outdoors.

Those crazy kids are out camping tonight!!

Old 04-23-2012, 10:43 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Clark Fork, In that poster's defense I believe it was a matter of opinion on the "small town" boringness, nothing against CF personally.

For some the great outdoors is not like a theater and McDonald's down the road and for the youth it can make them feel isolated. I was lucky my kids love the outdoors.

Those crazy kids are out camping tonight!!
LOL--ask any teen in CF, and they probably can't wait to get out of "town"! We have friends with teen kids in Sandpoint, and to them SP is the most boring place on the planet . It's all a matter of perspective--thank goodness. We don't want everybody in NID to stand on the CF bridge and gawk at the sunset all at the same time, do we...

Old 04-24-2012, 07:38 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
LOL--ask any teen in CF, and they probably can't wait to get out of "town"! We have friends with teen kids in Sandpoint, and to them SP is the most boring place on the planet . It's all a matter of perspective--thank goodness. We don't want everybody in NID to stand on the CF bridge and gawk at the sunset all at the same time, do we...
We hear the same here, kids come from Boise and wish they lived here in McCall and the kids that live in McCall can't wait to get the heck out.

Guess when your young your looking for noise and places to be, as we age we look for less noise, less people and less places to go

We wonder were all the people came from if more than 6 cars are on Hwy 55 at one time.............. Most after a trip to Boise, won't return for another month or two and the all the people to deal with

Old 04-27-2012, 12:52 AM

4 posts, read 2,973 times
Default re: Sandpoint is looking to be the place for us... or is it?

I like this critical and suitable content.....

Old 04-27-2012, 01:17 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
Quote:
LOL--ask any teen in CF, and they probably can't wait to get out of "town"! We have friends with teen kids in Sandpoint, and to them SP is the most boring place on the planet
Growing up in South Orange County (CA), we'd sit on the beach and complain that Laguna Beach was the most boring place on the planet. There was nothing to do, nowhere to go, etc. It's all relative...hahaha...

Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
Growing up in South Orange County (CA), we'd sit on the beach and complain that Laguna Beach was the most boring place on the planet. There was nothing to do, nowhere to go, etc. It's all relative...hahaha...
That's so funny. My daughter loved LB so much when she was small, she's going there for her honeymoon. I thought she'd go to Hawaii, but nope, she loved Laguna.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:32 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
Spent most every day after school at Aliso, 3 Arches, or Salt Creek during my formative years...good times...back before it all got really built up...although even back then PCH was a mess...I think that's always been a permanent state...sort of like Hwy 95 going through Sandpoint on a summer Saturday...haha...

Old 04-27-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
Spent most every day after school at Aliso, 3 Arches, or Salt Creek during my formative years...good times...back before it all got really built up...although even back then PCH was a mess...I think that's always been a permanent state...sort of like Hwy 95 going through Sandpoint on a summer Saturday...haha...
I always thought of Laguna Beach as very built up but our terrier, Archie was sprayed by a skunk right smack in the middle of town. Gave us a great skunk story though.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:21 PM

5,456 posts, read 8,169,998 times
Default Sandpoint is looking to be the place for us... or is it?

Only if you moonwalk:
‘Moonwalk’ demand results in charge: ‘Moonwalk’ demand results in charge - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News: sandpoint, clark fork, bonner county, john ernest cross, aggravated assault

Of course the perp was probably influenced by those cartoons glorifying gun violence (to say nothing of people falling down wells) he saw as a kid:
LEGEND OF YOSEMITE: SHOP - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho