Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 04:05 PM

6 posts, read 20,389 times

Advertisements

At least someone took my post in the spirit in which it was intended, that is, to be helpful, and yes compare it to Sandpoint. mistyriver seems a bit on the sensitive side, I'd say. But I do love Aspen!

As a neutral observer, just researching info, I'm quite sure this person's reply [to which you replied] was intended to ocompare clark fork to sandpoint, in terms of resources/amenities/lifestyle. And to answer your question: some people do move to sandpoint and northern idaho for a combination of mountains, water AND lifestyle amenities. This rural/local vs. newcomer chasm is the one thing that dissuades me from N. ID, but I keep reading threads anyway, b/c I love the area! Anyway, that 'happening city', I took as tongue in cheek a bit, just to give the OP an idea of what to expect. Sometimes, outlying towns will grow and change and develop similar amenities to the 'hot spot town'-such as sandpoint. Call it bedroom community, if you will. And the way I interpreted these replies, is that no, clark fork, has not changed in this way. Which may be perfect for some people, incuding those who call clark fork home. But would not be perfect for those looking for some similarities to sandpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 10:16 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,740,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestpeach View Post
At least someone took my post in the spirit in which it was intended, that is, to be helpful, and yes compare it to Sandpoint. mistyriver seems a bit on the sensitive side, I'd say. But I do love Aspen!

Nope, not sensitive at all and I'd have no reason to be. I just thought it was a rather stupid post.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 10,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestpeach View Post
the town of Clark Fork, if you want to call it that, is quite small and run-down-looking. Viggo is out there for the solitude and his place is way up in the hills, not in the run-down town and nearby area. just my opinion, don't mean to insult local Clark Fork folks, just trying to be helpful to people who have no idea about the area, and it definitely is not a place to look for homes, at least not in the immediate area. There are some outlying areas if you want to be alone, but CF is just NOT a happenin' city. Sorry, again, my opinion.
Oops, you're mistaken: Viggo Mortensen's ranch is NOT "way up in the hills" at all, it's just off Spring Crk. Rd., maybe ten minutes out, if that. It's where he chooses to decompress & get away from the rat race. Nor is the town "run-down" these days. Many buildings been renovated, not that CF needed a facelift, by my lights. Clark Fork is what it is, without pretense, a delightful, even charming, small town, though most reside in the vicinity rather than within it. There are many fine homes, all the way up to what I would term rustic splendor, complete with majestic views and/or riverfront ammenities, even private airstrips. Best of all, it is still a place where one can build their own dwelling of choice, without a lot of bureaucratic meddling.

As for "happenin'", most are here precisely because it isn't! That's not what it's about AT ALL. It ain't Vegas, nor does it claim to be. And that's just the way we like it!

Old 05-11-2012, 09:50 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,661,333 times
What Lapidary said!

And if anybody wants to experience Viggo in person and pay $12 , he is going to introduce his new movie at the Panida in Sandpoint June 8--see The Summer Events thread!

Old 05-15-2012, 08:45 AM

37 posts, read 112,454 times
Default fun thread

Well I've been off the forum for a bit... finishing up school, foal watch, raising chickens, buying goats, convincing my DH that farm life is "fun"...

This thread has taken quite an intersting turn. Right now we are searching between Sandpoint/ CF and Anthol area. I really like the idea of having a whole lot of federal/ state land as my backyard but DH wants to be closer to CDL. We are planning to put the house up for sale next spring.
We still keep looking for houses in the area. Are there local realtors around there that don't place their listings on the MLA? I know here in KY they act as if every listing is a secret and you have to have a realtor just to search.
KY is growing on me but summer is coming and I know I'll be cursing it. Having grown up in Upper Michigan anything over 79 is hot. When we hit the 90's I just stand over the air conditioning vent all day . People here are nice and though it's taken awhile we are starting to fit in. That's going to be the hardest part about moving. That and bringing along 5 horses, 7 goats, 30 chickens, 3 dogs, 4 cats, and one stubborn a$$ (no, not the DH ).

PS... who is Viggo Mortensen?

Old 05-15-2012, 11:09 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,836,115 times
Viggo Mortensen is the actor most famous for playing Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:18 AM

235 posts, read 375,401 times
I liked him in Hildago.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:07 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,740,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
Viggo Mortensen is the actor most famous for playing Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings.
And the only actor I've ever seen who looks so much better dirty and greasy than he does cleaned up. Very weird.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:38 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,661,333 times
Appaloosa!

Appaloosa: Viggo Mortensen Will Shoot You Now - Page 1 - Movies - Seattle - Seattle Weekly

(Sage, any copyright issue, just delete the picture. Of course.)

Old 05-16-2012, 03:30 PM

235 posts, read 375,401 times
MRR - I SO agree. How does that man look so good dirty??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho