Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 03:47 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,286,246 times

Advertisements

...Americans love Hawaii, dislike California - Public Policy Polling

Also, we are third behind West Virginia and Nebraska as to respondents not being sure (58%)

Gotta love these silly polls...

S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 03:57 PM

812 posts, read 736,553 times
I love how the Comments section of that article features a bunch of people from Cali, demonstrating exactly why people have such a negative opinion of their state.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:21 PM

49 posts, read 82,028 times
course califaila is hated by the rest of the sane people in the usa.

look at what people have done in cali its trashed! You couldnt pay me 50million dollars a year to live in that craphole

Old 02-27-2012, 09:26 AM

448 posts, read 1,070,539 times
I second that one !!!

Old 02-29-2012, 12:03 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,966 times
Just wait...sooner or later a Californian (it won't likely be a native, btw) will jump on here calling y'all a bunch of backward redneck inbreds.

After 39 years in SoCal living everywhere from the beach to the city to the mountains, I no longer recognize that place when I go back...glad I'm an Idahoan now...

Old 02-29-2012, 01:24 AM

405 posts, read 1,280,676 times
let them hate Idaho.. it will keep the place cleaner, safer, more beautiful and it won't end up like a toilet like the states where all the haters come from.. Good, let them stay in their crime-infested, bankrupt, traffic states.

Idaho is just potatoes and rednecks.. All you people go stay in your human toilets. Thanks.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:58 AM

448 posts, read 1,070,539 times
@Mystical Dream, don't know if that was written in jest, but I must agree! lol Sage of Sagel, I also agree with you!! Amen!! I was born and raised in REAL N. Ca which is bay area NORTH, and left Ca in the 80's. It was going to the toilet then even. Lived in the NORTHERN Sierras and watched our little area plunge with So Cal and Bay Area coming in. Tahoe imposed the building stop and they marched to us 45 miles north. Also the influx of Reno-ites as a "bedroom " brought some growth of economy but also higher crime. Used to leave doors and windows unlocked, cars unlocked. We moved outta there as soon as hubby retired from the railroad. Loved ID. I'd move back anyday if I could

Old 02-29-2012, 09:38 AM

199 posts, read 421,270 times
I spent almost two months at Mountain Home, found it a scenic state and most people nice enough, but it was a drive in any direction to a population center, which I found discouraging. That's Idaho though, and what makes it so appealing to so many.

As far as most least hated states, I think it has more to do with people's relative indifference or lack of a stereotype about the state. Most everyone has some sort of stereotype about NY, CA, TX or FL.. but Idaho tends to be forgotten, so ranks near the bottom of everyone's list.

Some of the comments here towards California makes me wonder though.. a lot of passive aggression, especially with so many from there. You could pay me 50 million a year to live anywhere, actually. Put in two years, five years, let's go twenty and make me a billionaire. It buys an awful lot of plane tickets to travel wherever.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:36 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,893,390 times
I'll just say some of you sound a bit insecure and prone to hyperbole.

Idaho is a nice enough place, most of my Mom's family is from there and I've been several times- real beautiful in the mountains, great tree lined neighborhoods in Boise and a bit boring on the prairies. It is a little too rural and conservative for my tastes but I'd look pretty foolish saying everyone is a redneck racist just because some of its residents are.

Everyplace has its good and bad, you just have to poke around a bit- take in the bad so you know when you have found the good and grab that. The little corner in California where I live is just about ideal. That doesn't mean there wouldn't be areas in this state or even city that I would never live in, just as in every city or state. It just means that a state's or cities' problems and challenges are out of my control (or even awareness most of the time) and I find my time better spent investing in my family and friends, house and garden, amazing safe neighborhood, nearby mountains and ocean as well the amenities and the culture of the city than to consider how awful someplace or someone is or might be.

Idaho is fine state, it wouldn't be for me but doesn't mean I don't understand why its paradise for some but if I lived there I would make it my own without having to disparage on other folks to make me happy.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:33 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Hmmm...
'Least hated' has a different meaning from 'Most Loved' to me. The first concentrates on the negatives, the second concentrates on the positives. 2 different mind sets at work here.

I've found very few posts here about living in Idaho that mentions the person hates Idaho, but there are some from folks who don't love it so much. And, on the other side of the coin, there are plenty of posts from folks who definitely love Idaho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho