Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 AM

7,374 posts, read 12,646,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
Oh no...you never pinch with your knees in an english saddle, that will get you slapped. Or you'll eventually fall off. My lower legs on the other hand are pretty strong.
I do have a western saddle, several of them, and I've ridden western a lot back in Arizona. I like it, but I never quite feel the horse beneath like i do in my jumping or dressage saddles. Different saddles and styles for different purposes. I might get an Aussie saddle, since I don't rope, the horn just gets in my way.
Shows how much I don't know about English riding! I do remember my one and only English riding lesson now: my lower legs were numb for days!
That Jeep is awesome--and it'll be even prettier with mud on it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 PM

39,831 posts, read 26,457,919 times
Quote:
This spring I just can't wait to get out on the forest roads in my new Jeep. Just got it saturday and I'm convinced it's the prettiest Jeep color ever.
I didn't know you had a Jeep! Women in 4x4s are hot!

But...but...but...you can't call a 4x4 pretty, that's just not right.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:07 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,732,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I didn't know you had a Jeep! Women in 4x4s are hot!

But...but...but...you can't call a 4x4 pretty, that's just not right.

Just got it Saturday! A "Deep Cherry Red with crystal pearl coat jeep" can't NOT be pretty.
What didn't seem quite right was how many wranglers had automatic transmissions. That seems kind of weird to me.

I had a wrangler several years ago and loved it but it wasn't a great car to have with kids. Now the kids are pretty much grown so this one is to have FUN with.

Honk if you see a redhead in a red jeep around town!

Old 04-17-2012, 09:45 PM

356 posts, read 520,001 times
Hey, Misty!

Re. the saddle conundrum: Have you tried an endurance saddle? I'm using a...ummm...I think it's a Big Horn endurance saddle for trail riding. It has the pommel for a little more security than my dressage saddle, but it doesn't have that evil horn that catches my shirt and pokes me in my belly. I'm finding it to be a good thing for my little mare who aspires to be a rodeo queen!

BTW, I now have Jeep envy.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:05 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,732,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionFamily View Post
Hey, Misty!

Re. the saddle conundrum: Have you tried an endurance saddle? I'm using a...ummm...I think it's a Big Horn endurance saddle for trail riding. It has the pommel for a little more security than my dressage saddle, but it doesn't have that evil horn that catches my shirt and pokes me in my belly. I'm finding it to be a good thing for my little mare who aspires to be a rodeo queen!

BTW, I now have Jeep envy.
They look like Aussie saddles. Maybe they're lighter for endurance riding?
Stubben makes an incredible trail saddle and it would feel more normal to me than a wide and thick western saddle but it's expensive! And i have a ton of saddles in the tack room. I need to sell some.

Don't hate me because my jeep is beautiful!

PS: did you ever join USPC?. We rejoined last week. This time I'm taking it easy!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:44 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,923,458 times
Since, in my area the snow is just melting, I'm now waiting for the Morel mushroom's to pop up, about 2 more weeks and we should have plenty. In the mean time picking up all the sticks that the dog's thought would look better in my front yard, instead of the forest.

Also, getting the Harley (my husband's other women) polished and ready to ride.

Spring is just a muddy mess around here, can't wait for June!!!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:51 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,923,458 times
Nice Jeep Misty!! My boy's love Jeeps they both have one. I think every other kid owns a Jeep around here. Must be the new 4x4 craze!!

Old 04-20-2012, 10:24 AM

170 posts, read 462,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I love reading about all your plans! And nice to see you all, including some posters we haven't seen for a while here. I'll add another Idaho spring plan of mine, if everything works out: getting our property perked, and applying for our site location permit! Yess!
Great thread CFF! So does this mean you're going to start building the cabin this year?

Old 04-20-2012, 10:44 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,894,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
If spring hasn't already arrived, it will, trust me! What's in your area that becomes irresistable on the first real day of spring/when the season starts? What is the first thing you plan on doing on the first nice spring weekend, and where (whatever you want to share online!)? Get the boat in the water? Clean out the garage? Road trip? Work on a tan? Make that vegetable garden? Have brunch at an outdoor cafe? First on my list (which I may actually be able to do soon) is go to the Floating Restaurant in Hope for an outdoor lunch!

(We've had some threads recently with a few posters venting/agonizing about one thing or another. Not that that is out of place per se, but I just thought I'd start a happy-happy Pollyanna thread...unless the first thing you're looking forward to doing is vent! )
I kinda have to laugh a little everytime I read the title of this thread because what I always looked forward to the MOST, when I lived up there, was just being able to drive my vehicle all the way up our road to our house! lol From Oct. to late April it was walk/4 wheel ATV/cross country ski to our vehicles two miles down the road. Getting things home could be a real pain sometimes but, luckily for me, I was able to do a big stockup before the snow flew to keep it to a minimum.

Other than that I always looked forward to getting my garden(s) in and being able to relax on the (not snow covered!) deck!

Old 04-20-2012, 12:14 PM

39,831 posts, read 26,457,919 times
Quote:
Just got it Saturday! A "Deep Cherry Red with crystal pearl coat jeep" can't NOT be pretty.
What didn't seem quite right was how many wranglers had automatic transmissions. That seems kind of weird to me.

I had a wrangler several years ago and loved it but it wasn't a great car to have with kids. Now the kids are pretty much grown so this one is to have FUN with.

Honk if you see a redhead in a red jeep around town!
Will do! It's kinda funny...in more "civilized" areas, sports cars are the mid-life crisis vehicle of choice. Out this-a-way, it's Jeeps, ATVs and dirt bikes! (and of course I include myself in the mid-life crisis comment!) All are more fun than a Vette. On a dirt road, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho