Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 07:57 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,274,480 times

Advertisements

ahem...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 06:28 PM

Was not hard to pick which one to use today!
(near Arrow Point on east side of Lake CDA)

Old 04-22-2012, 07:31 PM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
...after I typed that post...I wondered if you'd have a comment No offense meant, I had a 'Vette a few years back, had a great time with it. But....it financed my move to Idaho.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:34 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,740,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Will do! It's kinda funny...in more "civilized" areas, sports cars are the mid-life crisis vehicle of choice. Out this-a-way, it's Jeeps, ATVs and dirt bikes! (and of course I include myself in the mid-life crisis comment!) All are more fun than a Vette. On a dirt road, anyway.
Don't know if I'm having a crisis, but I am in mid-life for sure!
That will probably come in a year and a half when the baby goes off to college and we'll be empty nesters.
We went down to Walla Walla this weekend for a college visit, and it's hard to think that in such a short time we'll be leaving her at some campus.

But, wow...have any of you been to Walla Walla? What a fantastic little city.
We got out of the car and the smell of the flowers blooming everywhere hit us. An old fashioned downtown with no boarded up storefronts and people happily bustling everywhere. Great restaurants and great wineries.
And the campus was spectacular.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:32 PM

It is a cool place and good wineries too!

Old 04-22-2012, 10:49 PM

You and your 'Vettes.
It is a cool place...loved the wine. And there was the most fantastic restaurant: The Whitehouse-Crawford. Oh gawd, it was GOOD. Nothing in Spokane could touch it, IMO.
I'm hoping our daughter gets into Whitman so we can visit her regularly. Of course, we'll be too broke from the tuition to eat there....

Old 04-27-2012, 10:31 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,662,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysLooking View Post
Great thread CFF! So does this mean you're going to start building the cabin this year?
Hi AL, I missed your question. The answer is a tentative yes, if it ever stops raining!

E, I love the spring tulips! Any flowers in anybody's yard yet?

Old 04-27-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Hi AL, I missed your question. The answer is a tentative yes, if it ever stops raining!

E, I love the spring tulips! Any flowers in anybody's yard yet?
Oh that's great! The trillium is blooming here and the lilac is finally leafing out. Rhubarb is doing very well...not a flower but it's green!

Old 04-29-2012, 02:50 PM

291 posts, read 669,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
You and your 'Vettes.
It is a cool place...loved the wine. And there was the most fantastic restaurant: The Whitehouse-Crawford. Oh gawd, it was GOOD. Nothing in Spokane could touch it, IMO.
I'm hoping our daughter gets into Whitman so we can visit her regularly. Of course, we'll be too broke from the tuition to eat there....
Misty, welcome to the life of the college parent, my wife and I feel your pain. You are at the same time both proud and sick to your stomach. Here in the armpit of the world, the tuition has doubled every couple years to pay for others who can't. I drove through Walla walla two years ago and I agree, it's a nice town.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMMan View Post
Misty, welcome to the life of the college parent, my wife and I feel your pain. You are at the same time both proud and sick to your stomach. Here in the armpit of the world, the tuition has doubled every couple years to pay for others who can't. I drove through Walla walla two years ago and I agree, it's a nice town.
This is our second one. The first graduated a year ago from Whitworth U. in Spokane and (thank goodness) is gainfully (and profitably) employed in her career of choice ... and getting married this summer. Which could be another big wallet-buster but she and fiancee are paying for most of it themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho