Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 06:59 AM

274 posts, read 471,870 times

Advertisements

Party at banjomike's house!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 07:12 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,759,259 times
I had to laugh when I read the part about California slapping a piece of itself down in Ketchum/Sun Valley. Frankly that is EXACTLY what that town IS Other than that I too find the folks in Idaho quite nice overall. I also found Montana folks nice as well. i think you get back what you give most of the time accounting for the errant strange person here and there. the LDS folks OUTSIDE of Utah are a LOT easier to get along with. They are more real as well as they don't have their "mother church" in town it seems.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:12 AM

312 posts, read 732,694 times
I know our move is still 1 1/2 years away...but I am getting excited!

I must tell everyone that Idaho sounds like paradise if you are coming from the south....if you were not born and raised here and have their accent, you might as well have three eyes and be an alien from Mars....the south is suppose to be known for their hospitality? But, that means if you visit and then leave...if you stay...oy! Not happy with you....I have been here 9 years and work with many locals...they STILL make fun of me for the way I talk...WHAT in the world? Tell me to go home too....which is Pennsylvania...oh if wishing made it so...

Anyway, thanks for this thread....

Old 05-17-2012, 02:17 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevpu1967 View Post
Party at banjomike's house!
Yup- those block parties often end up lingering on at a neighbor's house when the big bash ends. We often grab lawn chairs and visit on the front yards after the kids are put to bed.

It happens all the time that I get visitors I first meet on the internet. I had the pleasure of meeting one of the C-D community face to face just last Tuesday. She was on a road trip, and decided to stop here. I spent a very nice morning showing her around Idaho Falls!

Since I.F. is so close to Yellowstone, and I-15 is a north-south connector, I've met several folks who have stopped by, just like she did. It's always very cool to meet them, too. One of these days, I'm going to take a long road trip and go visit every one of them in return.

Many are banjo players. I think I could go coast to coast and never need to flop in a motel- banjo players always put each other up for the night so they can stay up for hours and hours, swapping tunes. The banjo is the thing that makes us all brothers and sisters... you have to love it to even go through the struggle it takes to learn how to play the damned thing.

My latch string is always out. Any one I know is always welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho