Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 02:00 PM

6 posts, read 22,512 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a state the upholds the 2nd amendment and will allow people to kill an intruder if their life feels threatened. This also applies to the town life. If someone with a knife is coming at you on the sidewalk and you shoot them and they die, I want to live in the area where you aren't going to get life in prison or worse for simply defending yourself. I've heard a lot of good things from Alaska and Idaho. So, if you kill someone in self defense in Idaho, will your 2nd ammendment rights be upheld? Thanks in advance for your replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 07:04 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,680,749 times
Wow.

Are you really that worried about it? Seems like something a bit more premeditated...

Old 05-16-2012, 07:47 PM

274 posts, read 471,535 times
Almost sounds like a government agent that is trying to entrap someone with a loaded question. IMHO O.o

Old 05-16-2012, 09:07 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,735,087 times
Do you have a hit out on your wife or something?

Old 05-16-2012, 10:04 PM

Is it seriously this hard to get a valid answer? Due to all the liberal dumb bells in DC that are eager to give more rights to the criminal than the victim, I need a state that will uphold my rights. I don't want to get thrown in prison for defending myself. I heard Idaho has good gun laws that will protect my rights to defend myself. I'm trying to confirm that. I'm not going to shoot the first person I see, duh, but I will use lethal force if necessary.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:21 PM

274 posts, read 471,535 times
Oklahoma just passed an open carry law. That's where I live now. I think what you are asking is that if Idaho has a "Castle Doctrine" law on the books. It's not so much as getting a serious answer, it's the way that your question was asked. According to uscarry.com, Idaho is a castle doctrine state and has a stand your ground law. It took about 15 seconds to type that in and get a response from the search engine. Next time try to word your question so that it doesn't make people feel uncomfortable about answering a simple question. Welcome to the forums.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:15 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,680,749 times
Just seems silly to worry about something that there's a 99.99999% chance won't happen.

Like, jobs and house prices and weather and traffic and hot babes and stuff to do seems to be a bit higher of a priority than choosing a state where you'll get less scorn for defending yourself.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:01 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,832,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevpu1967 View Post
Oklahoma just passed an open carry law. That's where I live now. I think what you are asking is that if Idaho has a "Castle Doctrine" law on the books. It's not so much as getting a serious answer, it's the way that your question was asked. According to uscarry.com, Idaho is a castle doctrine state and has a stand your ground law. It took about 15 seconds to type that in and get a response from the search engine. Next time try to word your question so that it doesn't make people feel uncomfortable about answering a simple question. Welcome to the forums.
I think this is the best answer to your question. As a retired cop, active shooter, NRA member, 2nd amendment supporter, etc, I still found your question a bit awkward at face value.

And I'll second this reply. Idaho has a very strong castle doctrine that REALLY protects you from civil suit repercussions should you defend yourself with lethal force in the face of grave danger.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:56 AM

Thank you. I have the tendency to ask questions that people think are awkward or don't understand. It's always been a fact of life for me. I simply didn't know any other way to phrase it.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:20 AM

349 posts, read 1,039,613 times
I think you will find in most parts of Idaho that you will probably not face someone on the street with a weapon that would attack you, the odds I feel are slim, it's common that many Idahoans carry, which can be a deterrent to crime, however with an intruder in the home,it seems most states uphold your right to protect yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho