Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 07:59 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Carl View Post
Thanks for the positive input folks! I've get a pretty thick skin so I can take a little kidding around. I would not want anyone to take it too far or harass my daughter though.
It sure seemed like most eveyone I met was in a good mood and happy. I did meet one fellow from CA that was snivelling. He had been there over 10 years a longed for So. CA. I told him I was just there. He would not want to go back.
TTFN Carl
I have a friend who is just the same. In her case she moved to a 'big city' in comparison to where she lived in CA. She misses the beach and friends and has to go back at least twice a year She will however admit this is a better place to raise children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2006, 03:12 PM

140 posts, read 491,385 times
How people adjust varies form person to person. We really liked it up there and I think you are right about the schools.
They kinda looked how I remember mine down in So. CA growing up. Nice and clean, no graffiti... The kids we met even seemed nicer. I just hope I can find a job. Although, it sure looked like a lot of new stuff was being built besides houses.
I just missed the big Cabellas' opening by one week. Darn. We did check out the Sportmans -----???? Shop in Meridian. It was nice. I hope Cabellas does'nt put them out of business.
Once again, thanks for your thoughts. TTFN CA Carl

Old 09-25-2006, 08:41 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Carl View Post
How people adjust varies form person to person. We really liked it up there and I think you are right about the schools.
They kinda looked how I remember mine down in So. CA growing up. Nice and clean, no graffiti... The kids we met even seemed nicer. I just hope I can find a job. Although, it sure looked like a lot of new stuff was being built besides houses.
I just missed the big Cabellas' opening by one week. Darn. We did check out the Sportmans -----???? Shop in Meridian. It was nice. I hope Cabellas does'nt put them out of business.
Once again, thanks for your thoughts. TTFN CA Carl
If you ever get the chance to see the Cabella's in Nebraksa, DO IT!! Totally awesome.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:52 AM

One of the things I liked about my short visit this Summer was all the outdoor activities. It may sound odd, but I think you can tell a lot about a town by the stores it has and doe'nt have. So far you guys looked like you are doing well.
I could see areas that looked like they were getting started on other projects. Things are deffinately slowing in the Bay area and all of CA for that matter. Our house prices are falling forclosures are up and so is unemployment. I am afraid we are in for a bad down cycle... Hope I'm wrong.
I do believe you have better schools up there, or at least they don't have to operate with the challenges that face most CA schools.
TTFN CA Carl

Old 10-22-2006, 08:47 AM

Are property taxes high up there? I think we'll end up around Boise with a 300K house. I heard you raised sales taxes to offset this problem. How is that woking out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho