Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:09 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slay6454 View Post
California has always been too fast for me. The freeways make me nervous I white knuckle it. With 5 kids I don't scare easy but the freeways will do it everytime. People drive like they are in the Indianapolis 500 with no rules. San Diego has the perfect climate but the housing market is way too steep for me.
I don't scare easy either, in fact I used to have to drive that zero visibility fog daily in the Central Valley. After leaving there I got my trucking license.. but anymore when we are there, which is rare, last time was '08 I let my husband drive!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 03:18 PM

161 posts, read 396,401 times
Make sure you have plenty of space around you. I got surprised up here, in Idaho, with the Nuisance laws...Your neighbors can call and complain to animal control and you get a citation...guilty until proven innocent. I asked the neighbor why did he report my dog and not just call me? No answer...

Don't assume all your neighbors will be neighborly :P There's always a village idiot or 2... :P

Old 08-22-2012, 03:19 PM

39 posts, read 126,148 times
Chev, you are so preaching to the choir.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:45 PM

39 posts, read 126,148 times
Good to know. I'm going to call animal control ahead of time and find out about kennel licensing. That way if close by Jefferson County sounds friendlier I have a secondary option.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 650 times
Default Dogs

We brought 3 dogs from Australia to home we bought in Mckenzie Bridge Oregon. Also kept 2 of owners dogs. 5 acres great for dogs. Weather airport etc. Meets your needs. Moving back to Australia. One of the main reasons we bought this property was because it fit our dogs. 250k Boughtfor 250k but will come off that some to right buyer. Property is wired. Fenced raised bed garden, 2 acres of forest, craft studio.
Hosted 60 member garden club last summer

Old 02-27-2013, 08:44 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Took us 4 hours to get through Los Angeles on the way home to SD County over the weekend...Banjomike, try to imagine that! I can't even imagine it, and I was in the middle of it!
I can certainly imagine it! I have some friends in both L.A. and San Diego. The one in San Diego moved from living in the county to the city, just to avoid the traffic.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned so far regarding the dogs is the possibility of buying a professional dog breeder's license. As far as I see it, breeding dogs is like any other business, and owning a business license isn't expensive, but most businesses have rules and regulations that concern the type of business. Sales tax also has to be collected and reported on sales, but I seriously doubt there is anything prohibitive in owning a professional kennel.

My mom used to have some friends who were pro dog breeders, and I know of at least one border collie breeder who is professional. She has about 4 stud dogs and at least as many females, all registered, and sells her pups throughout the intermountain area.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:57 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Have you checked the home page of City Data? There is a search option and you can research all kinds of facts, stats and every sort of variable about your desired cities/towns. Lots of interesting information and links. Give it a try.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:17 AM

21 posts, read 42,307 times
Default Escape from Crazyfornia

Quote:
Originally Posted by slay6454 View Post
We are not bringing any California dispositions or Politics with us. We want a place to fit in with other friendly folks. But not be elbow to elbow with the neighbors.
I'm glad to hear you're moving to Idaho to escape the failed great liberal experiment of California. When you get here be conservative. The fact that liberal politics has bankrupted California guarantees that it will break Idaho as well. What is it with liberal, abstract thinkers who can't realize that to do the same thing over & over and expect different or better results is Einstien's definition of insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho