Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2007, 11:38 PM

45 posts, read 147,306 times

Advertisements

Well I got here safe and sound after 17 hours of driving in a Penske truck with my poor little chihuahua Champ...Pocatello Idaho..

And I say this with no sarcasm whatsoever...

I LOVE IDAHO!!!

I even love this small town, it's nice, people are so friggen friendly...and they are children cautious...people actually obey the street signs...try finding that in San Diego...

Everything is cheaper, and the air is cleaner...I am SOOOO happy for this move...I honestly don't see myself anywhere else for a really long time!!

I LOVE IDAHO!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 11:55 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,332 times
Welcome to life as an Idahoan...every time we go outside, look at where we live...we think of how fortunate we are to have made the choice to make the move here...

Old 10-06-2007, 07:58 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,265,652 times
Welcome to Idaho! Are you getting the same "white" sunshine today that I am just a smidgen north of you?

I will warn you if you find yourself up in Idaho Falls, they aren't quite as apt with the street signs; four way stops are risky and they drive me up a tree LOL

Old 10-06-2007, 08:54 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,435,221 times
Question Glad you are here - Kitty Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Welcome to Idaho! Are you getting the same "white" sunshine today that I am just a smidgen north of you?

I will warn you if you find yourself up in Idaho Falls, they aren't quite as apt with the street signs; four way stops are risky and they drive me up a tree LOL
Whose the "they," cleosmom, that drive you up a tree?"

All the traffic on a Saturday -especially in high growing areas.

Or, the 4 way stop signs?

BTW - do you like the Roundabouts? Seriously, I've heard of people coming from Jerome and Lincoln Counties and a few up north, let alone out-of-state to see our various roundabouts.

I think TCOR roundabout is art: Taylor Crossing on the River and look for the rocks with the eagles and mtn. lion and water flowing over it all.

The ones in the county - I am becoming a lot more comfortable with them and think they work well. I just wondered how many of the users have been .in the county longer than 1 week so they really know how they work. I think the residents are getting use to them, I still question if visitors have seen them before or are comfortable around them.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Whose the "they," cleosmom, that drive you up a tree?"

All the traffic on a Saturday -especially in high growing areas.

Or, the 4 way stop signs?

BTW - do you like the Roundabouts? Seriously, I've heard of people coming from Jerome and Lincoln Counties and a few up north, let alone out-of-state to see our various roundabouts.

I think TCOR roundabout is art: Taylor Crossing on the River and look for the rocks with the eagles and mtn. lion and water flowing over it all.

The ones in the county - I am becoming a lot more comfortable with them and think they work well. I just wondered how many of the users have been .in the county longer than 1 week so they really know how they work. I think the residents are getting use to them, I still question if visitors have seen them before or are comfortable around them.
Hmm, "they" would be the ones who don't know how to use the four-way stops correctly, alas they happen to be the same ones dumbfounded on the wreck-a-bouts!

In regards to the wreck-a-bouts (aptly named by a client) the two out in the county east of town are poorly designed at best as both are on commercial truck routes and there is barely enough room for two four wheeled vehicles let one those with 18 wheels. The one in town near Taylor's Crossing isn't so bad, it is pleasing to the eyes and does not carry the same traffic pattern as the county ones do.

Dare I answer the Saturday traffic questions when I come back later? I need to go and do my mom's shopping and then mine.... frightening!

Old 10-06-2007, 09:50 AM

Talking Maybe we NEED a Dedicated Driving Thread

Quote:
Hmm, "they" would be the ones who don't know how to use the four-way stops correctly, alas they happen to be the same ones dumbfounded on the wreck-a-bouts!

In regards to the wreck-a-bouts (aptly named by a client) the two out in the county east of town are poorly designed at best as both are on commercial truck routes and there is barely enough room for two four wheeled vehicles let one those with 18 wheels. The one in town near Taylor's Crossing isn't so bad, it is pleasing to the eyes and does not carry the same traffic pattern as the county ones do.

Dare I answer the Saturday traffic questions when I come back later? I need to go and do my mom's shopping and then mine.... frightening!
cleosmom,

Good luck with the shopping and thanks for the note. Perhaps when the time is right and we started another best of, or fun things to do, we can add watching a roundabout in Bonneville County.

You are 100% correct, though, in the problems for the 18 wheelers. I only mentioned the wreck-abouts (cute name) because I imagine many who attend BYU-I, Yellowstone NP, or Jackson Hole etc. may turn off and encounter one. And I've heard that more may be planned for eastern ID.

Maybe Bonneville County Drivers will just have had more experience with them than other counties. There is a game plan, after all, if you don't want to drive around in a circle all day, or get hit by those who thick a pretty circle is in the road for greater variety in driving, it helps to know that essentially you turn right at roundabouts (I think) . J/T most people do turn right.

Now turning left - that is where professional driving school is needed, along with all the coping mechanisms one has.

Wanting to go straight, may require some planning, but a savvy person can accomplish the job.

MSR

Old 10-06-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Now turning left - that is where professional driving school is needed, along with all the coping mechanisms one has.

MSR
Good luck! The ones teaching the high schoolers don't even get it right.

Kitty Toy, this is your thread, didn't mean to steal it about the dangers of driving in Bonneville County If you come up this way, I'll be glad to help you out.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:10 AM

Cool Yes, This is Kitty Toy's Thread

Quote:
Good luck! The ones teaching the high schoolers don't even get it right.

Kitty Toy, this is your thread, didn't mean to steal it about the dangers of driving in Bonneville County If you come up this way, I'll be glad to help you out.
I agree, cleosmom. Maybe there is a new job and opportunity ahead for someone - "Safely Driving the Roundabouts in Eastern Idaho."

I apologize Kitty Toy. This is indeed your thread. Sorry for all the "mis-directed" comments about the roundabouts. Some day when you visit one in eastern Bonneville County, you'll probably understand cleosmom's and my comments better. Or, maybe you'll even write your own review.

I'm glad your experience in Pocatello has been so positive. Maybe it's the person writing the post that has something to do with it.

You sound like a very positive person to me. I can't remember if you said you would start working now in Poky, or school etc. I do know it was true love that brought you to Poky.

Anyway, it is good to have you on the eastern side of ID. If you venture to Idaho Falls for a nice dinner (as many from Poky do), or lunch, please feel free to send me a PM for some restaurant recommendations or any other way I can possibly give you information.

Looking forward to your future posts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: