Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 08:23 PM

414 posts, read 1,087,926 times

Advertisements

What things do you like about the Coeur d'Alene area? (Features, recreational opportunities, sights, history, anything goes) No limits on what you can mention.

Someone asked me today what I was most thankful for about living in Coeur d'Alene, and I think that's a really good question. So many thoughts came to mind it made me really curious about other people's perspectives on what they enjoy most about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 11:11 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,791,932 times
I gotta say...I love North Idaho College. Great professors, great sports, and the Fort Sherman area is the coolest part of town IMO. Add the Kroc Center on top of that...love that place.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:49 AM

181 posts, read 434,071 times
Cost, it's cheaper, People, they are nicer, Schools, they are better, the areas nature is beautiful with gorgeous mountains, lots of forests and lakes. Tons of outdoor activities to do, including great hunting.

A very low jerk to nice person ratio, no traffic, everything you need close, guns are an accepted part of the culture, people are independent, the state and local government stay out of your face. The women are attractive and have a great attitude, the men act like men (they eat meat, they wear boots not Birkenstocks, and know their way around a fire arm).

People mind their own business, and help each other. Lastly it's like living back in the 1980s here...i love this place.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:52 PM

349 posts, read 1,034,421 times
The people are so friendly, more so than many other area. I shopped during Black Friday and was so pleased at how polite and helpful the clerks were but also the other shoppers, nothing ugly like elsewhere.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:08 PM

117 posts, read 247,956 times
We just moved here and we are so thankful to God for making it happen. Especially in this economy. Anyway, we love the mountians, the forest areas, the lakes, the fact that everyone is so nice here. We had neighbors come to our door and introduce themselves. We were in a state of shock and stupidness. We didn't know how to respond. LOL That never happened in all the places I lived. We thought it was just a fluke one time thing but then another neighbor came to our door. LOL

We love love love how beautiful it is here. Good schools. My husband can carry his gun. He is ex army and into gun collecting. And we love our new church. Not to mention everyone is so active. This seems to be a very active town which I love. I use to be very active growing up on 40 acres. I use to ski, ride atvs and motorcycles and horseback ride. After moving away from where I grew up I lost that active lifestyle. I told my husband he has to buy me an atv when he buys me my ranch. lol

Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM

820 posts, read 1,727,613 times
The lake, summer time here, the people, how I don't have to lock my doors or worry about things that much. I have moved 4 times, and always move home. Cant find this anywhere else.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:03 PM

161 posts, read 394,971 times
All the above. The people still surprise me. They are so nice. I have to remember to do the same

Old 11-28-2012, 06:59 PM

49 posts, read 159,279 times
Coeur d Alene is a great place to live & work. I agree with everything the other people posted. It is a very safe feeling friendly place. There's lots of outdoor activities to do around here: hiking, camping, skiing, snowboarding, fishing, swimming, hunting etc...It is great that guns are part of our normal way of life around here. I don't think I would have it any other way.
Also lots of places nearby to go to like triple play, wild waters, the kroc center, good places to eat like Chili's, Red Lobster, and in Post Falls (formerly located in CdA) GW Hunters....There is a farmers market which I enjoy going to. I attend NIC and love it! The annual fair is always good family fun.
I can only think of one "bad" neighborhood in CdA behind Lowes. Some people I know call it felony flats. Overall Coeur d Alene is very nice!
I am very grateful to live in such a beautiful area with nice mountain scenery and nice people to know!

Old 11-29-2012, 03:18 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,401,596 times
JessicaLynnn-I thought for sure you were gonna type Sherman Ave. from about 15th on down to 19th, or Coeur d' Alene Lake Drive and the Tesoro ghastly station (never mind me on my spelling of gasoline, I usually always feel that gasoline costs too much, therefore, can't seem ta spell it anything other than ghastly). There are numerous bars and shelters and "safe-houses", you name it. We live down by the CDA Library and City Hall and, although we lock our doors, I don't think we necessarily have to lock our doors. My wife hails from Chicago so therefore we lock our doors all the time, nuff said!

But Coeur d' Alene is a very safe place to live, I grew up on the northern side of Edmonds, WA, about 15 miles north of Seattle, and CDA pretty much feels safer now than Edmonds did back in the early 1960's! If you want safe, picking Idaho as a place to live is a very smart move!

Old 11-30-2012, 11:29 AM

235 posts, read 373,654 times
(Way back when I lived in Cataldo and commuted to CDA for work) I always thought CDA was simply a beautiful town - the homes, the trees, the lake. It was fun to shop there. Close to all kinds of outdoor activities. At that time, my folks lived in Deary and I'd drive down late Friday nights and they would leave the doors unlocked. In the morning, my mom would go out to get the paper, see my truck, and realize they had a guest. LOL They would also leave the keys in the trucks. Not sure I would leave doors unlocked and keys in vehicles nowadays, but maybe it is still like that in some places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho