Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2007, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,987 times

Advertisements

We will be making a move in the near future to possibly Twin Falls or Kimberly.....could anyone suggest a web-site for these cities, we are looking for country style homes. Also, do these area's have a mountain view? Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 06:24 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
Not being certain what information you'd be looking for on a website, I can offer this up Twin Falls, Idaho (ID) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Old 10-15-2007, 08:14 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,524,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orville View Post
We will be making a move in the near future to possibly Twin Falls or Kimberly.....could anyone suggest a web-site for these cities; we are looking for country style homes. Also, do these areas have a mountain view? Thanks for your help.
Twin Falls has mountains to the southwest, but they are a fair distance away, and you may not be able to see them, depending on the immediate topography on which your house is located. In general, the topography around Twin Falls is rather flat.

The most sought after locations to build are along the rim of the Snake River Gorge. Additionally, I have seen a number of homes actually located in the Gorge. The view from above would be interesting, but I don’t think I would want to live in a huge crack in the ground.

Finding a country style home shouldn’t be a problem in Twin Falls.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:33 AM

1,011 posts, read 3,094,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantL View Post
Twin Falls has mountains to the southwest, but they are a fair distance away, and you may not be able to see them, depending on the immediate topography on which your house is located. In general, the topography around Twin Falls is rather flat.

The most sought after locations to build are along the rim of the Snake River Gorge. Additionally, I have seen a number of homes actually located in the Gorge. The view from above would be interesting, but I don’t think I would want to live in a huge crack in the ground.

Finding a country style home shouldn’t be a problem in Twin Falls.
There are no homes in the Canyon. At least, none I know of. I don't know what this "Gorge" you speak of is - Rock Canyon?

Old 10-21-2007, 07:43 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,524,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorless View Post
There are no homes in the Canyon. At least, none I know of. I don't know what this "Gorge" you speak of is - Rock Canyon?
There is definitely one golf course with associated buildings, and I have seen several houses for sale on the internet that are perched in the walls.

This is how gorge is used in most states; perhaps it is used differently in Idaho.

Gorge

Noun

Definition:

1. narrow valley: a deep narrow, usually rocky, valley

I would also refer you to the following websites:

Picture/Photo: Snake River gorge. Idaho, USA

Snake River - Photo Gallery

Seems they both use the term "gorge" as well; however, since I am only a frequent visitor—my son is the one who actually lives in the area—I will differ to your definition and substitute “rock canyon:” for “gorge” in the future.

Last edited by SergeantL; 10-21-2007 at 08:00 AM..

Old 10-21-2007, 03:00 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,094,408 times
No, I've lived there half of my life. I know where the golf courses are (Blue Lakes and Canyon Springs).

I also know that there are no homes in the canyon, at least as far as I know. There are definitely homes on the canyon, though they usually don't go up for sale. And they haven't been building a lot of new homes, either (though there are some condos and apartments going up).

Rock Canyon (a sort of tributary of the Snake River Canyon) has some homes on the edges, and maybe some in it (though I doubt it).

Old 10-21-2007, 09:57 PM

4 posts, read 11,913 times
There are seveal homes in the Snake river canyon. Eddy lives half way down the Blue lakes Grade. Prestine springs ranchs also has a few homes in the canyon. I've lived here 43 years and am a local Realtor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: