Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2012, 04:02 PM

78 posts, read 194,386 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. As most of you know I am a texan moving to Idaho. I leave here Jan. 3rd. I am outfitting my brand new Nissan Frontier 4x4 with winter tires before the trip. I have read many reviews and am also being told by salesman that the Falken Wild Peaks are really great.
Any of you have first hand knowledge of using these in the massive snow up there??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 05:40 PM

Update!! I bought the tires in question. I mounted them on my truck yesterday and drove home in the rain. So far I am happy. I will be pulling a -uhaul down 90 this weekend. I will update everyone on how they performed.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:51 PM

274 posts, read 471,691 times
Good luck and God Speed, Ranger. Wave as you drive through Vernon, I'm located in Altus, just north of the TX/OK border.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:05 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger19 View Post
Hi everyone. As most of you know I am a texan moving to Idaho. I leave here Jan. 3rd. I am outfitting my brand new Nissan Frontier 4x4 with winter tires before the trip. I have read many reviews and am also being told by salesman that the Falken Wild Peaks are really great.
Any of you have first hand knowledge of using these in the massive snow up there??
I looked up reviews of your tires and info on your tread blocks. These are primarily sand/dirt/road tires, not "winter tires" as they lack siping for ice grip.

But don't beat yourself up. When you get here, you can have a tire shop like Les Schwab sipe your tires for you...it's pretty cheap and will vastly improve your ice handling. The new tires with big tread blocks WILL really help your snow driving.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:35 PM

Falken WildPeak A-T Tire Reviews (20 Reviews)

Sage, I read the reviews from this link. I was planning on having Les Schwab do the siping as well. Thanks for the input.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:32 PM

After 3 days driving here, and especially yesterdays snowfall and road conditions, I can safely say the tires were worth the money. Falken Wild Peak AT2

Old 01-08-2013, 07:35 PM

70 posts, read 159,761 times
Winter tires are definitely worth having and they should last you a few seasons before needing to be replaced. Next year look for a set of dedicated winter tires....they do make a huge difference vs. A/T's (even with siping).

I got around just fine with a set of winter tires on my FWD Contour SVT in CDA back in '09-'10 plus I have a set for my Porsche 951 that perform exceptionally well on a RWD vehicle here in Ohio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho