Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2007, 11:03 AM

57 posts, read 198,945 times

Advertisements

I am considering relocating to Boise from Phoenix. Can anyone tell me what is the weather like in Boise? How are the winters -- I don't mind snow but I don't like dealing with ice. As far as summers go, Im just tired of dealing with the oven-like-temps down here in Phx, so I wouldn't mind a more mild summer. Does Boise offer that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,885,005 times
In the summer Boise gets about 20-30 days over 100 the rest is in the nineties, nothing like Pheonix, Snow comes and goes very quickly, ussually only sticks for about two weeks in late december january. average winter highs are about 37 degrees

Old 10-17-2007, 12:22 PM

Thanks for your help JustinFromBoise.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:30 PM

40 posts, read 179,558 times
Boise is defintely my pick for the state. Agree with the post above. Boise is large enough to have many choices regarding housing, dining, shopping, education abd entertainment, yet it still has a smaller town feel.

The summer can be hot, but it is short lived compared to your lengthy hot weather in AZ....and the evenings cool down so nicely.
Beautiful Springs and Falls.

Good luck!

Old 10-17-2007, 12:51 PM

GR8Scott -- thank you for you input. Do you have any recommendations as far as which parts of Boise are better than others? From reading other people's posts -- it seems the west side is nice.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:59 PM

434 posts, read 3,177,609 times
Seems like a lot of people from Phoenix thinking about moving up here, I just brought my family up to Boise last year. The weather seems to be very similar to parts of northern AZ. After being here a year I would say that it is a little cooler than Sedona but warmer and a lot less snow and wind than Flagstaff. Boise is almost 3000 feet above sea level, so that compares to 5000-6000 feet above sea level in Arizona.

Best summary I heard about Boise weather when we moved here was that you get 8 weeks of really cold weather, 8 weeks of really hot weather and the rest of the year is pretty nice. Spring will throw you off though, it will be 85 degrees one day and spitting snow/freezing rain the next day. But overall the weather is about the best 4 season climate that I have lived in.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:59 PM

306 posts, read 1,247,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by micrguy View Post
Seems like a lot of people from Phoenix thinking about moving up here, I just brought my family up to Boise last year. The weather seems to be very similar to parts of northern AZ. After being here a year I would say that it is a little cooler than Sedona but warmer and a lot less snow and wind than Flagstaff. Boise is almost 3000 feet above sea level, so that compares to 5000-6000 feet above sea level in Arizona.

Best summary I heard about Boise weather when we moved here was that you get 8 weeks of really cold weather, 8 weeks of really hot weather and the rest of the year is pretty nice. Spring will throw you off though, it will be 85 degrees one day and spitting snow/freezing rain the next day. But overall the weather is about the best 4 season climate that I have lived in.
Ditto to everything Microguy said.
We are PHX transplants, too. My first visit was in January of 2006. Three visits and lots of research later ... we decided Boise was the place for us. We've offically been here for 6 weeks. So far, its bliss compared to Phx.

I just came in from raking leaves ... the weather is crisp, cool, breezy and BEAUTIFUL Of course after 8 years in the Phoenix heat- ANYTHING other than HOT is spectacular to us. My kids are counting the days until they see snow. My oldest is seven and he fondly remembers going to Sedona one winter and playing in the snow. Yesterday we had a Charlie Brown day ... we made a HUGE pile of leaves and they jumped and played for over an hour.
We couldn't of done that in Phoenix ... they would have gotten stickers in their butt ... its kind of hard to play effectively in the Cactus!

Last edited by AlleyTD; 10-17-2007 at 02:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: