Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 03:55 PM

2 posts, read 3,298 times

Advertisements

I have been doing real estate searches for quite some time for land in Northern Idaho and while I understand that it doesn't replace actually looking in person, I thought I could narrow things down,before I made the trip. I would like something heavily wooded, 30 or more acres,usable(not the side of a mountain),within 40 min.of some sort of hardware store and grocery store.It would be great if it already had a small cabin,but not a requirement. I have a small mail order business and would like a post office to be reasonably close enough to get to once a week. I would like to be able to divide the land into one or two more lots, if I chose to, in the future, if family chose to follow me.I don't think I am ready to live off-grid, but I wouldn't completely rule that out. One of the big things is I need some sort of internet access for the business,but I would be willing to pay more for that. I am sure I have overlooked something,but those are the basics. In my online searches I have seen what seemed to be pretty remote land of that size,with a small cabin for over $200,000.00. I was thinking that there could be better deals,that never make it to the real estate sites online,but I don't know. Any help or opinions would be great. Thanks Ed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 04:08 PM

349 posts, read 1,036,779 times
Look into Nickel's Worth | Get your nickel's worth it is a free paper for selling goods and services, list private land sellers in the North Idaho region.

Internet should not be a problem with Hughes net, they use a satellite dish.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:11 PM

294 posts, read 541,276 times
Things to check on as you search for land.
1) Does it have a source of water.
2) Does it have electricity available without having to run lines very far.
3) Will it perc test for a septic tank.
4) Does it border a county road (they plow them)
5) Is there a proper road going to the potential home site (dirt roads don't count for much).
etc. etc.
The more yes answers you have, the more it will cost.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 PM

99 posts, read 263,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIdahoDreamer View Post
I have been doing real estate searches for quite some time for land in Northern Idaho and while I understand that it doesn't replace actually looking in person, I thought I could narrow things down,before I made the trip. I would like something heavily wooded, 30 or more acres,usable(not the side of a mountain),within 40 min.of some sort of hardware store and grocery store.It would be great if it already had a small cabin,but not a requirement. I have a small mail order business and would like a post office to be reasonably close enough to get to once a week. I would like to be able to divide the land into one or two more lots, if I chose to, in the future, if family chose to follow me.I don't think I am ready to live off-grid, but I wouldn't completely rule that out. One of the big things is I need some sort of internet access for the business,but I would be willing to pay more for that. I am sure I have overlooked something,but those are the basics. In my online searches I have seen what seemed to be pretty remote land of that size,with a small cabin for over $200,000.00. I was thinking that there could be better deals,that never make it to the real estate sites online,but I don't know. Any help or opinions would be great. Thanks Ed
I have 67 acres about 8 miles southeast of Moscow, ID. It has nice big trees on about 30 acres and the rest is prime rolling farmland. The nearest neighbor is 3/4 mile away yet it's quite convenient to town. It borders a county road, has a nice road to a knoll top building site, has a brand new 35 gpm well and power nearby. I just listed it for $245,000 with Darcy Anderson at Latah Realty and she's had several inquiries already even though it's winter.

If you're interested, call Darcy at 509-338-0358.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:50 PM

99 posts, read 263,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIdahoDreamer View Post
I forgot to add that the 67 acres is eligible for 2 building permits and it has health department sign-off for standard septic.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:01 PM

7,354 posts, read 12,592,728 times
Ed, welcome to the forum! Your wish list doesn't sound unreasonable. Javatom has a good bullet point list for you--although I'd add that dirt access roads shouldn't scare you off, if they're less than 1 mile, because that's really all you're going to get in rural areas.

Now Ed, if you happen to have a beachfront property in Huntington Beach you'd like to swap with JJ, I think we have a match made in heaven! Sorry Ed, I'm referring to a couple of old threads which you may become acquainted with when you look through our forum. I'm kidding--unless you really do own property in SoCal!

Come over to our Front Porch and tell us more about yourself!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:24 PM

332 posts, read 481,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Now Ed, if you happen to have a beachfront property in Huntington Beach you'd like to swap with JJ, I think
we have a match made in heaven!
+1

LOL!

Old 01-27-2013, 06:10 PM

2 posts, read 3,298 times
Thanks to all who responded. I love this forum and feel it is one of the best ways to connect with people, in a personal way. I have read so many posts over the years that I feel I have a better understanding of what people in Idaho are like. I was interested in relocating to Northern Idaho before I ever found this forum,but am even more interested now. Edward
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho