Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 07:40 PM

78 posts, read 194,594 times

Advertisements

If you are planning on moving here and have children and will be looking to rent a house. GOOD LUCK!!!
I have been trying to nail down a 4 bedroom house over the past two weeks and I have learned that I am one of 30 or so people looking for a home to rent in this area. I e-mailed a lady last night at 8:52. She posted on CL at 8:13. She said I was the 17th person to e-mail her. I talked to her today she had 26 more e-mails. Same thing with a house I looked at Saturday and one i will be looking at this weekend. Our house is on CL in Texas now for a week and not a single call or e-mail?
If your planning to come here you'd better have a place to go when you get here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 03:00 AM

275 posts, read 472,604 times
I understand that, txranger. I wish you good luck in your search. Maybe Shaner can help with finding something.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:04 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,432,767 times
Hmmm. That kinda put's a hitch in our plans. We are planning to rent while we look for a place to buy. Are rentals normaly this scarce or is this an anomaly?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 AM

78 posts, read 194,594 times
I have seen some short term rentals. There are plenty of homes for sale

Old 03-20-2013, 09:34 AM

117 posts, read 249,498 times
txranger: We are a family who rented and secured our house from out of state.Not a lot of people will do that though because they want you to walk through the home before renting. I found that going through their rental management companies to be easier. I also found that their leases usually run from late spring on or summer on. We will be out of our rental come spring.

But google rental mangement companies for CDA area or hayden.Check Cragislist everyday(its always adding more especially Mondays throughout the day) Also look at hotpads website. But if you go through a rental mangement company I find it easier and more professional. Most will do snow removal etc. We came from a big city so we were use to quick service. Here people cherish their weekends and take their time. So don't expect speedy answers if your going through email. Our realtor also explained that house building here can be slow during hunting season. Don't expect any work till its over. LOL

Good luck!

Old 03-20-2013, 09:45 AM

117 posts, read 249,498 times
Also if your dealing with the owner, a good way to strike a deal is to promise two months in advance or even three months advance rent. I don't think you have to do this but from past experience in renting it gives the landlord more confidence in you that you will pay the rent. Again I don't think its necessary to do but just a tip incase its urgent to secure a place. Especially if you live out of state. I had to do this once.

a few names of rental mangement

absolutel property mangement(has pics)
north idaho rental(pics)
rentalpropcda(pics)

there is more too just use google

Old 03-20-2013, 10:51 AM

820 posts, read 1,742,079 times
Its spring time and rentals are a hot commodity, we are a seasonal destination. Best thing would be to get with the rental agencies and be put on a list of what your looking for that way they can call you as soon as they get something.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:28 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,432,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger19 View Post
I have seen some short term rentals. There are plenty of homes for sale
Are prices going up, down, or hovering?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:49 AM

294 posts, read 545,475 times
They seem to be going up.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:32 PM

820 posts, read 1,742,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by javatom View Post
They seem to be going up.
You are correct
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho