Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 07:35 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaneadam View Post
I find this quite amusing.

There is always someone lower on the totem pole.

I'm sure theres someone reading this in one of the smaller outlying towns thinking, "Jeez, I don't want [insert small town name here] turing into Sandpoint."

Coming from Los Angeles I can only laugh, cause I sit there and think, "Jeez, I'm glad CDA won't ever turn into LA."
Yup. As a retired Los Angeles County gang cop, I'd take CDA any time over LA...but I much prefer Sandpoint over CDA...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 02:44 PM

117 posts, read 249,123 times
lol@ Arcaneadam/ Sage

Old 05-04-2013, 10:06 AM

1,127 posts, read 1,274,419 times
Haha! And to think, We are looking hard at places like Moyie Springs, Priest River, Clark Fork and such, hoping to have a more small-town atmosphere than Sandpoint! I remember talking to a person once and saying that I would love it to be 65 degrees and sunny every day, and get a little rain every night. They laughed and replied, "No you wouldn't. Then everyone would be moving here!" Same thing where things like Kroc Centers are located. We would all like one nearby, but with such things comes people, and with people, comes change. It's an imperfect world, eh?

Old 07-04-2013, 03:44 PM

13 posts, read 31,794 times
We just moved to Hayden, 6 miles north of the KROC center. I go at least once a week and it is like being at a really nice resort on vacation and takes the sting out of exercising. The river walk combined with the smaller lap pool is kept at a constant 85 degrees both water and air. The large competition lap pool is a bit cooler and for the hardier. The Cost is about $30 for the silver membership and you can stop at any time with the only penalty being a $20 fee to start up again.

Love it and do not mind the population here after living most of my life in the Calif. Bay area and overseas in much more crowded conditions Seoul, Korea, Yokosuka, Japan....We moved here from the tiny town of Sequim, Washington which is nice but isolated and much wetter and grayer than its Chamber claims.

The KROC in CDA is the best swimming/exercise facility, other than large resorts, that I have seen after being in many and the best cost by far! Take a look on line, just put in KROC CDA and away you go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho