Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 08:59 AM

3,037 posts, read 5,927,809 times

Advertisements

Just now heard "Whats Your Name" by Lynyrd Skynyrd (sp?) the opening line of which is "Well it's 8 o'clock in Boise, Idaho"...it's the only time the state and city are mentioned directly BUT, the song does talk about coming back in a year, so I guess they like it. :-D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 10:39 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,273,774 times
haha There is actually a story behind that one:
What's Your Name by Lynyrd Skynyrd Songfacts

Old 05-04-2013, 11:29 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,482,181 times
B-52s, of course.

"Private Idaho"......you're living in your own private Idaho, underground like a wild potato.....

I realize it's not actually about the state per se, but someone's impressions of it and their way of linking it to atmosphere and a person's way of living....

Still.....

Old 05-04-2013, 02:09 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Just now heard "Whats Your Name" by Lynyrd Skynyrd (sp?) the opening line of which is "Well it's 8 o'clock in Boise, Idaho"...it's the only time the state and city are mentioned directly BUT, the song does talk about coming back in a year, so I guess they like it. :-D
I remember that!
Thanks for the prompt. It's been many years.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
B-52s, of course.

"Private Idaho"......you're living in your own private Idaho, underground like a wild potato.....

I realize it's not actually about the state per se, but someone's impressions of it and their way of linking it to atmosphere and a person's way of living....

Still.....
It may very well be directly about Idaho. After all, we are surrounded by potatoes. Just ask Toyman. Mounds and mounds of potatoes. Nuthin but taters! I heard that they out-gas certain chemicals that can actually alter your DNA. I think it may even be affecting me. Here is a recent pic:

Old 05-06-2013, 08:18 PM

123 posts, read 263,218 times
"Idaho" by the Younder Mountain String Band is the best Idaho song I have ever heard....check it out on youtube or do a google search for the band.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:31 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
It may very well be directly about Idaho. After all, we are surrounded by potatoes. Just ask Toyman. Mounds and mounds of potatoes. Nuthin but taters! I heard that they out-gas certain chemicals that can actually alter your DNA. I think it may even be affecting me. Here is a recent pic:
Hey E, I clicked on your picture, but you're not moving or singing! You are a handsome devil! Now write a song about taters!

Old 05-06-2013, 08:34 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbear2 View Post
"Idaho" by the Younder Mountain String Band is the best Idaho song I have ever heard....check it out on youtube or do a google search for the band.
Found it! Great song! Love the lyrics.

Yonder Mountain String Band, Idaho - YouTube

Old 05-09-2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Now write a song about taters!
I lack the talent to create music, but I can borrow it; sing to the tune of Zeppelin's Black Dog

Hey, hey, tater, said the way you sow, gonna make you sprout, gonna make you grow.
Oh, oh, spud, way you bake at five, gonna add sour cream, gonna add some chive.
Hey, hey, tater, when you're fixed that way, watch your butter drip, can't keep away.

[Chorus:]
Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah.
I gotta roll, can't stand still, got an empty stomach, can't get my fill
Eyes that shine burning red, dreams of you all through my head.
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah.

Hey, Bannock, oh, Blazer, pretty Classic, tell me all the types you know
Hey, Milva, oh, Norland, pretty Ida, tell me all the types you sow
Didn't take too long 'fore I found out, that I love taters inside and out.
Spent my money, all of my cash, had to eat them all from roasted to mashed.
I don't know but I been told, a big-Idaho Russet is good for your soul.

[Chorus]

All I ask for when I pray, steady rollin' taters gonna come my way.
Need a stuffed bacon cheddar in my hand, won't tell me no lies, make me a happy man.
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah

Old 05-09-2013, 11:14 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
One of my favorite songs by 1970's singer-songwriter Harry Chapin is his 1973 song W-O-L-D, from the lp Short Stories.

In the middle of the song--"Now I worked my way back home again down to Boise, Idaho. That's how this business goes. I am the morning DJ at W-O-L-D. Playing all the hits for you, whatever they may be, a bright good morning voice that's heard but never seen, feeling all of 45, going on 15."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho