Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,627 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I was wondering if you could share your view on the cultural, social and political diversity of the Coeur d'Alene and Sandpoint and I am considering a job in CDA, and a native of San Francisco. Is there a population of single, employed men 35-40 whom are not conservative republicans or no?

Warmly,

Shawna

Old 07-02-2013, 12:55 AM

414 posts, read 1,094,898 times
Hi Shawna, welcome to the City-Data forum! Idaho has a rich cultural heritage reaching back to ancient tribal times, and people of all cultural, social and political backgrounds make their home here. However, Idaho--especially North Idaho--is extremely conservative. Although Idaho's demographics are strongly skewed, Idaho is truly a welcoming state for all people, no matter their religion, ethnicity or other characteristics.

While the Democrat party still has strong roots throughout the state, the state-level government is primarily run by conservative Republicans.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt there is a large population of single men age 35-40 who are not conservative Republicans. Idaho has a pretty large religious population which by its nature skews politically conservative and marries early (compared to other demographics). That mindset of marrying "early" tends to extend even to the non-religious in the area. Those who don't identify as Republican are probably more likely to identify as independent or libertarian than anything else. While I'm certain that single non-conservative, non-Republican men in the 35-40 age range exist, I don't think there are going to be very many of them.

Sorry to be disheartening, but the relatively small population in the area truly does limit the potential of finding a compatible love interest. I wrote a blog about that for Valentine's Day this year. Purely by mathematics, the theoretical straight person in my example breakdown is only likely to meet about four romantically-compatible people in Coeur d'Alene.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:20 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaLuvs2Ski View Post
Hi there,

I was wondering if you could share your view on the cultural, social and political diversity of the Coeur d'Alene and Sandpoint and I am considering a job in CDA, and a native of San Francisco. Is there a population of single, employed men 35-40 whom are not conservative republicans or no?

Warmly,

Shawna
Hi Shawna,

You only need the right one. Spokane is about an hour away. You might want to post there and ask how to find who you are looking for in CDA. If there is a local Drinking Liberally club, email and ask how many meet your criteria.

I'm not sure when one reads San Francisco and liberal that many areas of the country can compete, except NYC, Boston, Chicago, L A, and probably Seattle and Madison, WI.

It might help if you could list some common interests.

Good luck- I hope you find the person in the right location for you.

MSR

Old 07-07-2013, 10:00 AM

3,037 posts, read 5,929,022 times
From what I've been told about ID, it's populated by folks who value independence (generalizing maybe but I remain optimistic). If it were me, I'd prefer that in a man to one who is strongly defined by a major political party of any stripe. Since this isn't the Relationships or PAOC forum though, I will also say that I've heard Hayden Lake is possibly a little less conservative. Good luck.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:23 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times
Hi Shawna, I live here in north Idaho and am pretty liberal and married to the same. While I'm enjoying the ridiculousness of the post two posts before mine, I would say that there is a decent population of non-tea party types in the area...some are liberal/progressive; most just not as rabidly "conservative" as others.
Certainly most of the real conservative men I know are not so insecure as to be freaked out by a married woman with a successful career keeping her own name or hyphenating it, and who aren't afraid to live among people with diverse political beliefs. Good luck and I hope you DO move here!

Last edited by mistyriver; 07-07-2013 at 03:37 PM..

Old 07-10-2013, 09:49 PM

678 posts, read 1,064,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaLuvs2Ski View Post
Hi there,

Warmly,

Shawna
Shawna, I haven't lived in ID, I've only been through it but I did live in WY for five years and I would imagine that from a political standpoint, ID is like WY, overwhelmingly conservative. I'd imagine that you certainly could find people who identify as moderate or liberal but it definitely won't be anything like San Francisco. Have you considered a Midwestern city? Minneapolis-St. Paul has quite a few nursing jobs and it's politically diverse. My family lives in Eau Claire, WI and it's the same situation as Minneapolis-St. Paul; lots of nursing jobs and politically diverse. I'm proud to say that I have friends that identify as liberal and as conservative. Good luck in your search.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:31 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,061 times
I find the area to be overwhelmingly American
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho